Forever Bound: Twenty-Seven

Therapy

Skylar's POV 

I was lying in bed thinking about everything that had happened today. It was quite a day, but I was over it. I’m tougher now, I can handle a punch. And, I’d be lying to myself and everyone else if I said that I didn’t forgive Blake. I do. He didn’t actually mean to hit me, but with everything that’s been going on, it was the last straw for me. So I would talk to my dad tomorrow after school and ask about transferring. Levi said he’d ask his Mom tomorrow too, so then we would know for sure. 

Even though I know I want to leave, I feel bad for doing it. My friends have been there from the start, and now, in the end, I’m ditching out on them because of a couple of bad days. Well, they were very bad days, but that still didn’t mean I should wimp out. Yet, I felt like I did right after Blake cheated on me. I don’t want to get into that habit again. I may have only cut three times, yet each time had made me feel so much better. I couldn’t afford to go back to that. It was too dangerous, and I would not do anything to hurt the people I loved. Including Blake.

And I know you all hate him for everything he’s done, there is still a part of him that comes out occasionally. And that’s my Blake. And if that person ever showed up again, I would try to see past the bad. I’ve promised myself that I wouldn’t give up on any of my friends, and they haven’t given up on me. Even Levi who came back to this little town to be closer to me, and that is why I will never ever give up on anyone. Anyone, but myself. 

So when my phone lit up and started ringing, I couldn’t imagine who it would be. Landon had already called and texted to make sure I was okay. I had to literally tell him what happened so that he could match the story to Blake’s. So I read the text and almost dropped my phone. “Well speaking of the devil.” I said as I reread the text.

From: Blake

I am a complete ass and I know u'll nvr forgive me 4 today, but i wanted u to know that i still love you w/ everything in me. That's y i'm letting u go with Levi. As long as ur happy, im happy. Just know that i regret everything i ever did to u that made u cry. Every time u hurt, i died inside. love you, skylight. forever & always. 

I had no idea what to say back. I’m glad he’s apologizing, but I don’t know what good that will do. I mean, I always used to think we were meant to be. That the stars would align and BAM, we’d fall in love that would last forever and always. But it didn’t.

Everything seemed to now be trying to tear us apart. I can’t help but wonder if that’s a test from God, to see if we can overcome even the toughest challenges. But as of right now? We’re failing miserably. But even so, I texted back and made sure I was saying what I truly meant.

To: Blake

You are a complete ass, but I still love you. You can bet it’s going to take a hell of a lot of time to forgive you, but that day will eventually come, so don’t worry. And I wanted to let you know that I’m going to try to be happy with Levi, and I hope you can try with Jackie, no matter how much I hate her. But just remember that we can still talk. If you need help, call me. Don’t hesitate. I won’t be bias. I promise.