Forever Bound: Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen: Hopefully

Skylar's POV 

I sat on the bench as Jake, Mia, and Liam looked me over to make sure I wasn't hurt. I fell on the ground, it's not like I was involved in a bombing where there was a chance I could have lost a limb. I was freaking slapped. Big Deal. Jackie was a bitch and they all should have seen it coming. But I couldn't help my eyes from drifting back to where Blake stood. He never even moved when that whole conflict happened. He must have been torn between coming to me, or going to Jackie. I mean sure, we HAD been best friends, but I mean, that was his girlfriend. Plus I told him he wasn't really going to be on speaking terms with me...

"Guys, i'm fine. My cheek just hurts a little." I said with a smile. They need to stop overreacting. Again, a slap is not going to kill me. 

"I thought you were going to rip off her head." Jake says with a laugh. Oh I wish I were that bold.

"Yeah, I thought I was going to get back into the fight." Mia said.

I laughed. My friends always would have my back, and I love them for that. And grateful of course. We had a bond like no other, and no matter what situation, i'd have their backs. I'd take a bullet for them even. They mean that much to me. But I noticed how Liam was oddly quiet. There must be something wrong...

"Li?" I asked softly as Mia and Jake walked away, getting the hint. I just needed to talk to him. He was currently my rock, and I couldn't lose him.

"Yeah, Skylar?"

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"It's just... I was so mad when she hit you, I thought I was going to explode. But the truth is... I don't think of you more than a friend anymore."

I nodded as his words registered in my brain. More like a sister.. Usually I would have been mad being put in the friend zone, but as long as I had Liam by my side, I wasn't worried. Plus, it's not like we had a lot of chemistry or anything. We were better off as just friends anyways.

"It's okay, Li. You're not hurting me, as long as we continue to be best friends."

He laughed then smiled at me. That adorable freaking smile. 

"Of course we can, Skylar. The best of friends, I promise."

He got up and went over to talk to Jackie and Landon while I continued to sit on the bench. God only knows what he's saying to her. Not like she deserved to be treated nicely or anything. I saw the twins go into the house as Liam, Andrew, and Landon were standing talking. Important dicussions must be going on. I looked at Blake and he was looking down at his feet. That jerk was not getting off easy. Granted it wasn't his fault that I got slapped; I had provoked her, but I decided I needed to confront him, and I don't think this is going to be pretty.

I got up and walked up to Blake and he turned around at the sounds of my foot steps. Damn, usually my chucks were quiet.

"Blake, we need to talk."

He nodded and followed me as I walked away from everyone. I don't need the whole world knowing what I was about to say to him. It was already going to hurt enough.

"What is this about, Skylar?"

"You're girlfriend just slapped me, and you stood there as if you haven't know me for your whole life. I mean I get that you were torn but you could have at least said something like, 'Jacks, it wasn't nice to hit someone.' " I said and put on air quotes for good measures. 

"Listen, she's not my girlfriend. And what did you want me to do? Your boyfriend seemed to have it all under control." He spat.

I got quite upset when he mentioned Liam like that. He was nothing but supportive, and I can't say the same for Blake this instant. He had no right to dis Liam just because he was jealous.

"Liam is not my boyfriend, he was just a good friend who was there for me when my other one wasn't. He was too busy with his new girlfriend." I retorted knowing that I was getting under his skin.

I shook my head.

"You've changed Blake and I don't think anything is going to be able to go back to the way it was. You're just too different now, and I really am going to miss you."

I looked at him one last time then turned around. He was not the same kid I had grown up with, and I will not talk to him until or if he changes back. I just can't take the way he's acting. He might dress the same and ultimately look the same, but actions speak way louder than words. And he was showing the world just how much I had meant to him, and it wasn't pretty. 

"Goodbye, superstar." I whispered as I walked into my house and back to my room.

Tomorrow I start the process of getting over him and making new friends. Maybe i'll find that special boy sometime soon.... Hopefully. But you never know what in your past comes back to haunt you. Because honestly, what in your past ever stays in the past? And better yet, they're not always the same people they were when you knew them. Change is inevitable. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the next one! I hope you like it. I have a plan up my sleeve as you can kind of tell from the last paragraph. I also do think that change is inevitable and that the people you knew in the past never stay in the past.

Anyways, I should update by Monday. I'm almost done with the next chapter so as soon as i'm done it will be up! 

xx