Forever Bound: Thirty

Stay

Blake's POV 

A song came on the radio that I’ve heard before. Jet Lag, I believe it was called. I had listened to it before because of the mood I was in. So when the song came to a stop and Skylar asked me how I knew the song, I told her the first thing that popped into my head.

“Duh, they’re my favorite band.” I said while trying to keep in my laugh.

“Uh huh, sure. What band is it?” She asked, trying to get me to fess up.

“I have no idea. Can’t you just leave me alone about bands? I mean, who’s the one that likes the Jonas Brothers here? Hmmmm?” I said with a laugh. She was going to kill me.

She scoffed and crossed her arms. “They are a good band. Stop hating on them. Gosh.”

I rolled my eyes and took her hand in mine. I squeezed it then let it drop. I missed this so much. Being able to sit in the car and just talk. Too bad I was going to have to ruin the moment…

“So what was going on with you and Levi earlier?” I asked, trying not to sound like the jealous, overprotective asshole that I am.

She curled her knees up to her chest and let out a laugh. “Jealous, Blake?” She teased as she wrapped her arms around her legs.

Of course I am jealous! When I first heard her screaming I thought it was something bad, not him tickling her... I mean, I never really liked the guy and what Liam said had me on edge. But who knew.

“What's it to you?" I said and threw in a wink. Never let her know how much I still care for her. It hurt seeing her being all playful with Levi. He's attractive and probably has a huge crush on her.

"I should have just hit him to make him stop, but I don't condone violence. So not me." She said. 

I laughed at that. “Of course that’s not you. You wouldn’t even kill a spider even if it scared you. I remember when you made me take one outside after you screamed bloody murder and promise not to kill it?” 

She was laughing at the memory when I pulled into her driveway. The lights were on and I saw her dad’s car in the driveway. I looked at the clock and it read 5:15. Dusk was already happening, and it was my favorite part of the day. The sky had all different colors in it, and it made a silhouette out of everyone; even Skylar. And i'm utterly bias as I say this, but her's was the most beautiful.

“So uh, do you want to eat dinner with us tonight? It’s kind of boring here.” Skylar asked as my eyes were still glued to the setting sun in the distance.

I put my car into park and cut the engine. Of course I wouldn’t pass up an offer to eat, let alone eat with Skylar. It’s like an impromptu date. Except the date stuff was all being made up in my head while we ate dinner as friends. But hey, I can still dream.

Now I know why Sky said that dinner was boring. Her dad had a long ass table set up and her plate was set at one end while her dad and Meredith’s plate was at the other end. She was isolated. But lucky for her, I was there for her tonight. I cracked jokes about how it was like the Adam's Family table, and how it was dumb to set out two forks. I only needed one. I didn't care if it was dirty from the other food; that's what a tongue is for. That one almost made her fall off the chair and a sense of pride filled me. After all this time I could still make her laugh, and boy did she look beautiful when she laughed.

After dinner when we were back in her room she broke back down to the Skylar I knew. 

“Thanks so much for being here tonight.” She said as she pulled Pj's out of her drawers and set them on her purple bed spread. She sat laid down next to me and breathed out a sigh.