Forever Bound: Thirty-Nine

The End

Skylar's POV

I heard him the whole time. It killed me to not be able to respond, or to move in some way to let them know that I can hear them. They all sounded so sad. But Landon was the one who broke me the most. I get that it's scary to him, not having me awake or anything, but the stuff he said sent chills down my back, or would have if i'd been awake. 

They don't need to be crying over me. Seriously, I am going to be fine. I'm taking it as a good sign that I can hear them as I come in and out of this sleep. I just wish Blake would go home and get some rest. For God's sake, make yourself presentable if i'm going to be waking up to you. Sheesh. 

So I was able to move around a bit before opening my eyes to a bright like, making me groan in frustration. Blake whipped around and sprinted to the side of my bed and kissed me. I didn't kiss him back though, because I was still in a state of waking up, so he pulled back. 

He looked so concerned for me that it was kind of funny. So I thought maybe i'd scare him a little more.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, and he sounded so scared. But I was going to have the upper hand. So i looked around the room for a bit before letting my eyes fall on him. 

"Who are you?" I asked and I tried to keep the laughter in my body.

"Wh-What? You don't know who I am? Oh my God they're going to kill me. Baby, how can you not remember me? It's Blake! Your best friend! Come on, you have to know me." He said and barely took a breath. Oh yes, he was freaking out. 

I couldn't hold it in any longer and the laughter rippled through me like a tidal wave. He stared at me in shock and then squeezed me into a hug.

"I swear to God I don't miss your jokes." He mumbled as he kissed the side of my head. "Thank God you're alright. I'm so so sorry for leaving you. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be in this place. You would have been sleeping safely in my arms and not in that cab. Sky--"

"Shh, Blake it's okay. It's not your fault. I'm pretty sure you had a good reason for leaving." I said and smiled affectionately up at him. "I love you." I breathed. 

Blake smiled at me and his blue eyes shown like I've never seen before. 

"I was so afraid I was never going to hear you say that again." He said and kissed me. This time I wholeheartedly kissed him back and I didn't want to stop. I loved the feeling of me being in his arms. I felt loved and safe. 

He pulled away with a smile on his face. It looked like he was about to tell me something when the door opened and in waltz Levi. He stopped dead in his tracks once he saw me and a big grin came on his face as he walked towards me and stole me from Blake's arms. 

"Skylar don't you ever scare me like that again, do you hear me? God I just get back from Arizona and you freaking go into a coma and leave me here without a best friend. I had to sit in here and talk to Blake the whole time! Do you know how boring he is? Seriously, I don't know what you see in--"

"Well I thought we were getting close." Blake said sarcastically.

"Are, are my two best friends getting along?" I said as I brought Blake into the hug. 

Levi got all dramatic and threw his hands up in the air and rolled his eyes. "I didn't want to be friends, but he was just so vulnerable..."

Everything became quiet again as we let the time sink in. I was definitely glad to be alive. But Blake and the baby...

"Blake...what happened for you to leave the hotel like that?" I asked cautiously.

He took a deep breath and looked at Levi. It was like they formed their own language in the time that I was in the coma. Levi got up and headed out the door, leaving Blake and I with some alone time. Oh joy, this can't be good.