Forever Bound: Twenty-Eight

My Cross

Blake's POV 

Three whole weeks have passed by, and I’m just not the same person. I’ve definitely changed, and I’m glad. It’s almost the end of the first semester. I’m so close to leaving, I can almost taste it. No one knows where I’ve been accepted yet. I thought I’d surprise them, at a good time. But I still have things to do before I go. So many memories I don’t think I can forget…

To: Blake 

You are a complete ass, but I still love you. You can bet it’s going to take a hell of a lot of time to forgive you, but that day will eventually come, so don’t worry. And I wanted to let you know that I’m going to try to be happy with Levi, and I hope you can try with Jackie, no matter how much I hate her. But just remember that we can still talk. If you need help, call me. Don’t hesitate. I won’t be bias. I promise. 

I stared at the text longer than usual. She must not have heard the news about Jackie and i. I was debating on telling her, but I just couldn’t. Maybe if she thought I was happy, she’d be happy. And truthfully, I wanted her to be happy. I don’t care if I’m in the picture or not. But I did just want her to know that I still loved her. And I know she still loves me, but I just messed up way too many times. My fault, my cross.**

“Blake! Let’s go!” Mia shouted from downstairs.

“Coming!” I said as I ran down. Her and Jake were waiting for me in the hallway. 

“Dude, we’re going to be late if you don’t hurry up. Because you drive like a Grandma. Let’s go!” Jake said as he grabbed Mia and rushed to my car.

“Wow, hot date?” I asked, pulling out of my driveway towards the school.

“Just shut up.” He retorted then stared out the window.

I rolled right into my normal spot and turned off the car. I was putting my books in my backpack when Mia let out a gasp.

“Is that Skylar?” She said and my head shot up.

Oh yes, it was her. At first I wasn’t sure, but it’s her. She’s standing in the middle of a large group of people looking uncomfortable. Levi is talking with people, and looking really intrigued. He didn’t notice how she was looking for a way out. But as I climbed out of the car with Jake and Mia in tow, her eyes lit up. She tapped Levi and told him something. He didn’t look too happy, but Sky didn’t care. She came running over to us, like none of the drama had gone on. She hugged all of us. Even me. I was thoroughly confused, but I hugged back.

“I’ve missed you guys so much.” She hugged Mia again. “Can we have our movie nights again? My dad’s house is so boring and I really don’t want to listen to my Dad and Meredith –“ She made a face, causing us all to laugh.

“Of course! Maybe you can spend the night this weekend.” Mia perked up. “I’ll cancel all of my plans with Mason for you. It’s really no big deal, he’ll understand. Jake will even cancel his plans too! It will be like old times.” She blabbed.

“Woah, what? Who said I would cancel?” Jake asked.

“Come on, dude. Sky hasn’t been over in a long time. We only ever see her at school.” At that Skylar cringed. She looked guilty. “Are you okay?” I asked.

“Yeah, I actually needed to talk to you guys about that. Uh, I might possibly, more than likely, transferring to Pontiac.” 

I stared at her. Pontiac? I thought Jacob’s would have been bad, but Pontiac? Blasphemy.

“Pontiac? But why, Skies?” Mia asked. Tears were brimming her eyes. I felt bad for her. She wasn’t just losing her friend, but her sister.

“You don’t understand… everything’s been so hard, and I’ve had some trouble concentrating. I think I just need a change.” Then she looked back towards Levi who was still talking with his friends.