Loveless

Loveless-Matt Mays

So I'm in Quebec now and what's really intriguing to me is the terrain. In Nova Scotia we've got hills that we consider mountains but they're so subtle and soft. But up here everywhere you look there's some asshole mountain or clump of rock jutting up out of nowhere. But I still love it here. Also their flags are fucking huge. What is with that?

Matthew had never seen Gilbert this deteriorated in his life. Sure, they'd only known each other for a few days, but he viewed the German as a caring and relaxed person. But he was close to tears now. Matthew placed his hand on the albino's pale cheek. He leaned forward and rested his forehead on the other's.
"Are jou going to tell me jour story?"
"We met in junior high. We were on the same hockey team."
"Pfft. Zhat's so Canadian of jou."
"Ivan is from Russia."
"Yikes. If he's not out of zhe picture, I'm dead."
Matthew winced. Gilbert took notice and shut the fuck up.
"We didn't start dating until we were in tenth grade. We were both too nervous to ask each other out." Matthew pulled his head away from Gilbert's, looking him in the Crimson eyes. "My brother and cousin hated him. They wouldn't let me see him so I ran away and lived with Ivan and his sisters until I turned eighteen."
"Vas it hard, making it vizhout money?"
"Oh, we had money. Ivan and his sisters got a huge assed inheritance from their parents when they died."
"Spoiled brat."
"Shut up."
"Tell me more, Mattie."
"I got a medical degree and became a doctor. He worked at a flower shop of all things. The guy was a sucker for Sunflowers. I'm pretty sure he fell in love with me because I reminded him of one."
"Jou remind me of a little canary." Gilbert kissed Matthew's nose.
"A canary?"
"Ja. Jou're cute und yellow und jour voice is squeaky."
"I'm pretty sure if you just disappeared mysteriously, nobody could connect me to it, so I'd be careful if I were you." Matthew warned. Gilbert swallowed. And not in the way he had been the other night.
"So...vhat happened to Ivan?"
"Heart disease. I woke up one morning to find him on the bathroom floor. I was a FUCKING DOCTOR and I COULDN'T DO SHIT FOR HIM."
The pain hit Matthew all at once. He doubled over, sobbing so hard that his ribs hurt.
"Hey, Matthew," Gilbert pulled the blonde into the bed and spooned him, holding his hand tightly. "Isht okay. It vasn't jour fault."
"That's what everybody else says."
"Because Zhey're telling zhe truth." Gilbert insisted. "Jou don't need to hurt zhis bad."
"Then why do I?"
Gilbert tightened his grip on Matthew's hand. "Because jou didn't ask for help."
Matthew was silent for a while. Gilbert spent the time savouring the blonde's warmth. Why did he have to be so fucking comfy?!
"Hey, Gil?"
"Ja?"
"You can stay here as long as you want. But you have to get a job."
"Vill do. Anyzhing else?"
"Yeah...I want to get better."

Adios Putas!