I Can't Feel My Face

I can't feel my face- the weeknd

Me: *writing my novel*
Tumbly: *starts to get the rumblies*
Brother: *comes into room* u want some garlic bread?
Me: *big assed sparkly eyes* myyyy hero!

"Gilbert! Come quick!"
The German groaned, rolling off the couch and shuffling to the door. He loved getting drunk with his brother, but the hangovers that followed were horrible.
He opened the door to see Alfred, panicked and frenzied. "Mattie's in the hospital."
"Vhat?"
"He got mugged and passed out from a panic attack." Alfred was on the verge of tears. "I'm going to see him. You coming?"
Gilbert shook his head. "He doesn't want to see me right now."
"Sure he does. He-"
"Alfred, Matthew und I...ve're not going to vork out."
"Why do you say that, bro?"
"Please don't call me zhat."
"Gil-"
Gilbert shut the door, falling backwards against it. He heard Alfred sigh and walk away, waiting until the man was gone before he burst into tears.
"Bruder?" Ludwig sat up from the bed, concerned. He rushed over to his older sibling, kneeling at his side.
"I don't know vhat to do anymore." Gilbert wept.

(•••)

"You have no idea how much you scared me, Mattie." Alfred plopped down beside his brother's hospital bed, taking his hand.
"Where's Gil?" The younger blonde asked.
Alfred sighed. "He didn't want to come."
"Why not?"
"He said you didn't want to see him."
"But I do! I-"
Alfred pressed his free hand agains his twin's chest, noticing the increase in beeps from the heart rate monitor. "Matt, calm down. You don't wanna hurt yourself."
Matthew nodded and relaxed.
"When are they discharging you?"
"In aboot an hour. I wasn't injured physically or anything. It was just the panic attack."
"I'll take you home."
Matthew shook his head. "No. That's okay. I didn't want to be any trouble..."
Alfred gave him a scolding look. "I'm taking you home, dude. You need a hero out there to protect you in case there're more muggers out there."
"Fine." Matthew sighed. "Um..."
"Yeah?"
"When that guy...when he held up his knife to kill me..." Matthew's face went serious. "I didn't want him to kill me..."
"Yeah?" Alfred squeezed Matthew's hand between his own.
"I wanted to live. I wanted to see Peter grow up and play basket ball with you like we used to and kick your ass at hockey again..."
"Matthew, you have no idea how relieved I am to hear you say that." Alfred smiled.
"I'm sorry for putting you through so much crap." Matthew pursed his lips.
"No. I'm sorry you didn't do it sooner. Francis and I could have stopped all this before it grew."
Matthew leaned forward and hugged his brother. "But if I hadn't gone through all this, I wouldn't have met Gil or Antonio or so many other good people..."
"Tell me bro, how do you feel about him?"
Matthew took a deep breath, moving away from his brother ever so slightly.
"I don't know yet..." He admitted. "But I'll be sure when I see him again."

The awkward moment when you wake up in the morning to check what you wrote down at 3am for fanfic ideas and you find this: