Skinny Love (Luke Hemmings)

A/N

Hi guys, it's the author here.

Before you read, I just wanted to tell you to not.

This was written in 2012-2013 so it's very very cringey and gross and very terrible so unless you like cheesy drama filled cliche fanfics, turn back now.

Okay, have a nice day.

Goodbye.

•••

I watched as he got out of the car. His blonde hair in his face and when the wind blew, it revealed his blue eyes. Deep bags rested under his eyes and he kept his lips tight, no traces of happiness. His baggy sweater covered part of his fingers and he walked into the house next door.

My breath fogged up the glass and the only sound I heard was my heart beating. I didn't know him. I didn't know his name or where he had come from or if we was staying in that house. The house had been empty for years. My mum called up the stairs to tell me my tea was ready, so I rushed down the long staircase, running my hand along the banister.

"There's a boy next door." I said, barely above a whisper.

"Yes, that's not surprising. I heard that they had a family moving in there." my mums Irish accent was still as strong as ever even though we had moved to England ten years ago.

"I don't want you hanging out with him" she said.

"Mum, you don't even know him. He could be-"  she cut me off. "Different? Honey, all guys are after the same thing. I told you what I think about boys, Reina."

"I know. We've been over this." I spat back. My mum and dad met at a young age and had me when she was only 17 and he was 19. They never got married and my dad decided that he didn't want his family anymore, telling me I was a mistake and that I never should have been born. That I took away his freedom. So, he left for America and we left for England. I hadn't seen him since.

My mum just doesn't want me to make the same mistakes,even though I've told her time and time again that I won't. She doesn't want me to fall in love and then he leaves me. She told me when I was young that all boys want is to use you for your beautiful body, that I should never get mixed up with any boys.

She took my dad leaving very hard and she's very protective over me.

"Now finish your tea and get out of the kitchen. I'm going to make dinner for the new neighbors." she said.

I finished my tea and placed the cup in the sink before running back upstairs. I sat back at my window seat and tried to see the boy again. He wasn't there, but a moving truck had pulled up in the driveway. I sighed and got up. I wanted to meet him.

I yawned and laid down on my bed. I grabbed my iPod and headphones from my nightstand and turned on my music. Words by Skylar Grey came on and I closed my eyes. I'd just sleep until I was awoken. I wanted to dream about this new boy.

__________________________

The smell of fresh of bread comes from downstairs and my eyes open. I glance out my window. It isn't dark, yet. I walk down stairs once more and my mom has dishes full of food, covered in foil.

"I'll go take these over for you." I begin to pick up the dinner.

"I'm coming with you." she says. My heart falls. Of course, I was stupid to think she'd let me go alone. We walk out the front door and across the grass. The moving truck looks like it's almost fully unloaded. Men lift the last few things and carry them inside. We wait for them to move out of the way before we knock on the front door. Butterflies fill my stomach and I try to hide the smile on my face.

A lady opens the door who looks to be about my mum's age. She looks surprised. "Oh, Hello."

"Hi! I'm Skye and I live next door. We noticed you just moved in and we wanted to bring you a meal in the new house." Mum says, with a smile.

"That's very sweet of you. Won't you come in for a moment?" she has an Australian accent. We step inside the house and takes the load from our hands.

"Lucas!" she calls through the house. Is that the boy's name? He comes through the doorway and his eyes fall on me. His expression, unchanging.

"Luke, come here, darling." his mum says. His name is Luke. He nods and walks to her, standing right next to her. She much shorter than he is. He's about six feet tall. He glances at me from time to time, his eyes stay on his shoes for the most part.

"I'm Liz, by the way, and this is Luke. We just moved from Australia. Sadly, my husband had some last minute work so he won't be able to come until next week." she says.

"I'm Reina." I say and reach my hand out to shake Liz's hand.

"Very pretty! How old are you, dear?" she asks.

"Sixteen, ma'am." I reply.

"Oh! Is that so? Luke is only a year older than you are. Aren't you?" she says. He only nods again. I haven't heard him speak a word. "Be friendly." Liz says. He sighs and reaches his hand out for me to shake. "Hi." is all he says. His voice is much deeper than I expected. I shake his hand and look into his eyes. He quickly looks away.

You can tell my mum is gettng very uncomfortable. It's very wrong of her, for I only shook his hand. He shakes my mum's hand and she fakes a smile.

"Luke, Reina, why don't you two take the food into the kitchen." Liz says.

"Uh, actually. Reina, we should really be going." my mum tries to intervene.

"No, it's ok. I want to help." I smile. I know that she can't do anything about it since we're in someone else's house. Luke shrugs and takes the dishes into the kitchen. I carry some of them.

He is quiet. I try to start conversation. "So, will you be going to school in town? I feel like an idiot.

"Your name is Reina." he says, ignoring my question. He stands right in front of me, looking in my eyes. I have to look up to make eye contact. "Yes, it is." I say.

"The girl who was looking at me through the window, yes?" the corners of his mouth only slightly turn upward.

A/N

HI! So I love 5sos now and I love Luke so much. I decided to write a fanfiction because, guys, It's Luke Hemmings. So thanks for reading and please please please leave feedback, thank you!

Love love love