Chapter 31

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Reina." he said, rubbing my back with the palm of his hand. "I won't. I promise I wont leave again."

In the midst of the emotional reunion in the parking lot of the doctors office, Calum had been standing there smiling. "How did you know I was here?" I asked Luke. He gestured toward Calum. "He called me this morning." 

I turned to Calum and hugged him. "Thank you." I said, then kissed his cheek. I didn't think Luke would mind. When I turned around, he didn't seem to be affected by the small kiss of gratitude. 

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here. I went back to the apartment yesterday and you weren't there and I was worried about you. I got here as fast I could and you were just finishing with the sonagram." he explained before holding my face between his hands and kissing me. "How does he look?" 

"It looks like a little shrimp. And you can't tell if it's a he or a she yet, Lucas." I chuckled. "But we'll have to find a new doctor since they think Calum is the father." I sighed. "I know, he told me was going to take you." he responded. 

"Um thanks, man." Luke shook Calum's hand awkwardly before returning his hand to my waist. Calum simply nodded. "She is my sister." he said. I'd wondered if this was his acceptance that he really was going to be my brother and Luke was the father of my child. 

___________________

It was finally the day of the wedding. 

Luckily my dress still fit, even though it was a bit snug. I pulled my hair back into a a simple pony tail, my bangs curled and framing my face. I was happy with my appearance today.

I had stayed with my mother the whole week, and though it was painfully awkward, we managed to be civil. Luke had stayed at his parents and we had talked every night until we could hardly keep our eyes open about the baby. How we'd raise it, what we'd name it, where we'd live. Of course, I was still hiding it from my mum and Lukes parents and as far as I knew, she knew nothing about it.  

If the baby was a girl, we'd name her Hollis and if it was a boy, we'd name him Caspar. One problem was that we'd have to move from the apartment before the baby was born. Luke would have to find a new job, which I wasn't that disappointed about since the incident with that bitchy waitress. 

"You're going to start showing...when will you tell your mum?" he had asked me. I honestly didn't know, but it wouldn't be until a few weeks after the wedding. I didn't want to stress her out. Her deepest fear for her only daughter had come true and I didn't exactly want to be the one to tell her that. 

I slipped my heels on and grabbed the pocket book that I had purchased to match the white heels. I wouldn't see Luke until the wedding in a couple of hours and I hadn't seen him all day. I realized that this would be the first time I saw him dressed up, instead of his usual cut off t shirts and skinny jeans. 

I left my room and was greeted by a very handsome Calum. He was John's best man. He wore a black suit and red tie. Red, black and white was the theme of the wedding and I knew my mum would scold me for getting a purple dress, but maybe she wouldn't say anything since she was just grateful that I was even there. 

"You look beautiful." he said, scanning up my attire. "Thanks. You too." I said smiling. We walked down the stairs together. My mother was at the venue getting ready and John was already dressed and ready, waiting downstairs. 

"You guys look great." he said when we arrived at the bottom of the stairs. We thanked him and got ready to go to the venue. "Reina, I'm glad you decided to stay with us for a few days. Your mother really needed to see you though she wouldn't admit it. She worries about you constantly." John said. I just nodded.