Chapter 38

Reina's P.O.V

This was nothing that I couldn't handle. I needed to learn how to handle things by myself. I didn't need Luke there for me every step of the way. I think back to the party, I was being independant then and look what happened. Something in my life needed to change and maybe that mean't changing myself. I can show my mother that even though I'm in the situation she once was, I can handle it. 

It was late, but I couldn't even think about sleeping. I haven't spoken to my father since he left.. or since I left. He went back to America thinking that his daughter would be with him, but woke up the next morning and she was gone. I was gone. 

It was earlier there since he lived in America so I decided to call him. As the phone rang, a light turned on in the hallway. The voice on the other end told me to leave a message, but I decided to just hang up when there was a knock on my door. 

I stood up and opened the door, seeing Calum on the other side. His hair was tousled and his eyes looked like he had been asleep. "I went to get a glass of water, but I saw that you were still up." he said groggily. 

I sighed and lie face down on my bed. "Are you o-" he started. "No, don't say it. Everyone always asks if I'm okay and I hate it. I don't have to be okay all the time and most of the time I'm not." I said into my pillow. 

"What?" he asked. 

"I'm not okay and I don't need to be." I simplified, turning my head so he could hear me. "Are you upset about us leaving for Ireland? I knew you probably wouldn't want to come with us since you have Luke and his parents here." he looks down at his hands. 

"No, actually. I think I want to go with you." still unsure myself. 

"What? Why? Is Luke going to move to Ireland or what's going to happen here?" he sat closer to me, genuinely curious. I turned over, looking up at him. "I was wrong to think we'd last forever, Calum. I was wrong." I admited. 

"What are you talking about? What happened?" he asks. 

"He basically said that I ruined his life. Last night he told me that he never even loved me until long after we ran away. I did ruin his life, but he ruined mine too, you know? And I don't know what the right thing to do is. Run away from my problems and go back to Ireland or stay here and drag each other down until there's nothing left." 

"Do you love him?" Calum wraps his arm around me. 

"What does that matter? It was "love" that got me here in the first place. I just feel so drained and I don't know how much longer I can go." I respond. 

"Reina, I'm going to tell you what I really think and don't get offended or change your mind because of me. Running away from your problems only seemed to make them worse. When you ran away because your mum wouldn't let you be with Luke, it just caused more shit. Now you're trying to run away from your problems with Luke. What would that do but cause more problems? I know you're tired and it hurts to keep going. I can't promise that if you go over there right now and apologize, everything will disappear and you guys will be happy forever because that's not how it works. If you stay with Luke, you'll fight with him. If you were with any guy, you'd fight with him. It's just how life goes." he says. "What about you? What if I was with you?" I interupt. My face remains emotionless. 

He seems lost for words. "I-I don't know. We'd probably fight too." he says. "But what I mean is-"

"What if we got married, Calum? What if you were her father? Luke would be free without me and the baby hanging around his neck and I'd have you there for me." I start saying whatever is on my mind.