Chapter 29

Reina's P.O.V

"You ready go?" Calum asked me as he threw my bag in the trunk of the cab. I simply nodded as the cold nipped at my cheeks and nose making them a pink color against my pale skin. Snowflakes stuck to my eyelashes and I tried to blink them off. I couldn't wait until spring when it would start to get a little warmer than the harsh England winters. 

"Are you sure?" he starred straight into my eyes. His brown eyes seemed darker surrounded by the white snow. They penetrated into my thoughts as he swallowed. I shook my head and sighed, my breath steaming. "I don't know. Are you sure she'll be ok? I don't want her to ask questions." I stated, my voice almost cracking. 

"Don't worry about it. You'll have to see her at the wedding anyways, so why not get a head start?" he rubbed my back as he lead me to the backseat of the taxi. I hesitantly climbed in and he shut the door, not giving me time to answer. I just didn't want her to ask where Luke was or why I wasn't with him. 

I rested my head against the cold glass of the window, trying to sleep. Even if I couldn't, it would prevent further conversation with Calum. It's not that I didn't enjoy talking to him, I just didn't feel like making idle small talk until we arrived. I wanted a chance to take it all in and embrace the moment. 

"You aren't alone." Calum whispered to me after he had gotten in on the other side. The back of his gloved hand glided against my cold cheek, warming it slightly. I know I wasn't, but it felt that way...

__________

I woke up to the sound of the trunk slamming. For a moment, I had forgotten where I was. All the memories hit me again and I rubbed my eyes and yawned before unbuckling my seatbelt and opening the door. "Come on. I already paid him." the tall dark haired boy said, carrying my bag and his. 

This place was all too familiar and the chilling memories still fresh in my mind. "Are you ok?" I hadn't noticed that I had stopped and was starring at the house in front of me. "Yeah." I said, continuing to walk up the snowy driveway and onto the front patio. 

Butterflies hit my stomach as soon as Cal put the key in the doorknob and opened it. The smell of my old house filled my nose as I stepped in. "Hello?" he called through the house. It hadn't changed at all since I left. My eyes traced to the picture frame with the safe behind it that I had taken money from. 

A familiar face appeared in the doorway of the living room, but somehow it was different. I couldn't put my finger on it, but somehow she looked different. She did her best to smile, though I could see something behind her eyes. She was just as unsure as I was. 

"Calum, put her bags upstairs and show her to her room." she acted as though I had never even been here before and hadn't even spoken to me. "Ok." was all he said in reply. He gestured for me to follow him, my mother watching me as I did so. 

Neither of us said a word as he dropped my bag on my bed and nodded before leaving me to myself. It was dark, the curtains covering the windows and the life that had once been here had vanished. I dropped to my knees and closed my eyes. What had I done? I remember when this room was my favorite place to be and everything was normal. 

Now I had a child inside of me and the blue walls seemed grey. My mother only stared at me, not saying a word. I wouldn't eat tonight, I couldn't face her at the dinner table. I left the curtains closed, but glanced through the bit of pale light coming through the slit down the middle. Luke's curtains were drawn as well. "I know you're in there. I need you, Luke...I need you." 

Luke's P.O.V

I knew as soon as I woke up this morning that I had to go back. I couldn't stay in this house anymore and feel the guilt climbing into every thought I had. I closed my curtains before I left so that no one would see into my room. 

Neither of my parents had known that Reina was pregnant and I wouldn't tell them until Reina was with me and she wanted to. I left my room, my bag slung over my shoulder and a Poptart between my teeth. 

"I'm going back to the apartment. Thanks, mum." I said, taking the pastry from my mouth. My mum hugged me and told me she wished my father could have seen me before he went to work this morning and begged me stay until he got here. I told her that I needed to get back to the apartment and kissed her head. 

I got into the car, remembering that I had driven here even after Reina told me not to because I had been drinking. What if I had been in an accident? I didn't even want to think about it as I put the car into gear and backed out of the driveway and out of the neighborhood. 

I couldn't wait to get home to her and tell her that I was sorry. I wanted to hold her in my arms again and kiss her waiting lips. I wanted to make her smile again, but most importantly I wanted to assure that I was never going to leave her again. 

__________

I pulled into the parking lot and got out. I'd get my bag later. It was snowing harder here than it had been back home. It was a little past noon when I checked my watch and searched my pocket for my house key. I should have gotten her flowers. I'm so cliche. 

I turned the knob after unlocking the door and was greeted with a dark appartment. The flowers that I had brought her the night she told me were in a vase on the counter along with two mugs and an empty coffee pot. Had someone been here with her? Maybe she was back in the bedroom. I checked for her there but she was gone. 

There was this smell that I couldn't put my finger on. A cologne perhaps? It wasn't my cologne. 

Then I remembered. The night that I had driven Calum home.

Calum was here with Reina

A/N

Sorry its short! I will make the next one longer but my mom is begging me to come hangout with her (fun, right?) So I was forced to end it pretty quickly. Im currently wrapped in a blanket because I am a southern girl and it snowed all day. THIS ISN'T NORMAL AND I DON'T LIKE GOING OUTSIDE ESPECIALLY WHEN THERES COLD WET STUFF EVERYWHERE. 

I listened to Near To You by a Fine Frenzy and Case Closed by Little Mix for this chapter. So whats the whole Luke his 'friend' thing? I saw pics where this chick posted A hickey she got from presumably Luke? UM NO. NO. NO. 

I can't believe this has 12.5k! THIS IS GETTING BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT GUYS. So do you think that I should add Reinas pregnancy to the description and maybe it will interest people more or will it ruin it and give away a big part of the story? 

THANKS FOR READING AND VOTING AND COMMENTING AND ALL THAT

LOVE LOVE LOVE