Chapter 35

Reina's (Got it right this time) P.O.V

"Come on, Rein. It's just one party." Olivia urges as we sit in her bedroom on a rainy day. "Olivia, I said no. What would my mum think if her pregnant daughter went partying? She's still uneasy about the whole thing anyway."

"She doesn't have to know." she said, raising her eyebrow. I sighed and looked up at her. "They'll know." I added another excuse to the list. "Just wear a baggy sweater. Everyone is going; Ashton, Michael, and...lots of other people that I can't think of at the moment. You haven't seen these people in almost a year and you've been acting all grown up and mature since you got jacked up. You need to have fun." she held my hands in her own and I glared at her for her choice of words.

"Luke can't know. He would say I'm irresponsible." I told her. "Yeah, whatever. I just want you to come with me and let go for a while." Olivia replied. 

I hoped I wasn't making a mistake.

_____________

Michael got out of the passenger seat and opened up the car door for me. I stole one of Luke's sweaters to hide my bulging belly. I kept reassuring myself that nothing was going to happen and that tonight, it was about having fun. 

The loud music could be heard from the road and teenagers hung outside on the porch. Some smoking and others just talking and drinking. I felt myself sweating and my heart was racing as we neared the open front door of the house. "Who's house is this?" I leaned over and asked Ashton. "Murphy Crayton's. He's moving and his parents are out of town so this is like his goodbye party, I guess." he yelled as we stepped inside. I could barely hear him. 

"Oh." I shouted. Olivia took my arm and lead me to a group of teens. "Hey guys, you remember Reina, right?" 

"Yeah, the dropout. What are you doing here? I thought you ran away with that kid. What's his name?" one of the boys said. He had a few tattoos covering his arm and his black hair was combed upward. I didn't know how to respond. 

"Luke. I just came because-" Olivia cut in. "She wants to get over his ass and have some fun. Get the girl a drink, Murphy." she hit his chest and gestured toward the kitchen, smiling. My eyes shot to her. "Why did you say that?" I whispered to her.

"Listen, Reina. The more you dissociate yourself with Luke, the better. A lot of stuff happened while you were still in London that caused quite a few people to...dislike him. If you want to be alone in the corner tonight because of your boyfriend, then go ahead. You'll never see these people again so just let it go, tell a few lies." I didn't know what had gotten into my best friend. She had changed. Or was it me who had changed? 

"What do you mean 'stuff happened'? Liv, what happened while I was in London?" I asked her. She just shook her head. "Nothing that you need to worry about."

Murphy came back with a red plastic cup and handed it to me. "So he isn't here?" he asked. I shook my head. "No. I don't know where he is and to be honest, I don't care." Lie number one. I faked a laugh and took a sip from the cup. This was stronger than beer. I didn't know what it was though. One drink wouldn't hurt the baby and maybe it'd help me have fun. 

Soon, Ashton and Olivia were dancing and though I refused, I kind of wanted to. I bobbed my head as I watched the dancing couples, finishing the bitter liquid. Olivia was right. I'd never see these people again. I walked over to where they were dancing and immediatly, I felt a hand placed around my waist. "Dance with me." Murphy's deep voice came from behind me. "Don't be scared." he whispered. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach as my hand shook. He took both of them and placed them around his neck, then pulled my lower half into his. "Now just dance to the music." the tips of my ears stung, something that happened when I was scared. 

I swallowed. It would be okay. Luke would forgive me. 

I pushed my ass into his crotch and danced how I saw other girls doing it. His chest rubbed against my back and his hands wandered down my sides. I hoped he wouldn't feel the small bump under my sweater. Luke's sweater. 

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrating in my back pocket of my skinny jeans. I stopped moving and pulled it out, glancing at the screen which read 'Luke'. "I should take this." I said, backing away from Murphy and quickly walking outside. 

"Hello?" I said, out of breath. 

"Reina, where are you? Are you...are you at a party?" he asked. "No." Lie number two. 

"Then what's that loud music? Reina, what are you doing at a party?" his voice grew more stern. "I'm just here because Olivia wanted me to go. I'm not drinking or anything." Lie number three. 

"I'm coming to get you. You're coming home now." he said. I suddenly felt a ping of anger. "What if I don't want to go? You can't control me, Lucas." he didn't say anything. "If I want to have fun before this baby comes, I'll have fun and if you tell my mum, I will be pissed off, Luke." I continued. The adreneline from the dancing and the alcohol started to show. 

"What is wrong with you? If you've been drinking, I swear I will-" he started. 

"You'll what? Hurt me? It's one night. You don't own me and I'm not hurting anyone." I hung up and went back inside. I didn't know why I was angry, but I hated the way Luke felt like he had control over me just because he was my boyfriend. 

"There you are. I got worried there." Murphy confronted me, drink in hand. "You look like you need antoher drink. Take mine." he said, shoving my cup into my hand and spilling some on Luke's sweater in the proccess. "Oh, I'm sorry." I laughed. "It's okay." I said, drinking what was left in the cup. 

"I have a shirt you could borrow upstairs. We could go up there." he pulled his lip between his teeth. 

"Okay." I said simply, following him up the stairs. As soon as we got upstairs, he pulled me into a room. He rummaged through his drawers and pulled out a black t-shirt. I reached for it, but he pulled it away. "Ah! You'll have to earn it." he said. He backed me up against a wall and my eyes widened. He dropped the shirt and took my cheek  in his hand, kissing me roughly.

"I'll make you forget about that little prick." he kissed down my neck. I wanted to push him off, but his lips felt good pressed against my skin. Only tonight. "He doesn't deserve you after what he did. It's no surprise you ended things." I pulled away from him. "What do you mean?"

"Oh you don't know?" he chuckled. "He spent that time away from you having some fun. He slept with my girlfriend. He got what he deserved though."

A/N

AHHH OKAY I HAVE TO GO BUT OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE

K LOVE YA

LOVE LOVE LOVE