Chapter 24

Luke tosses me the phone like it's a hot potato. "I don't want to answer. I hate talking to her." I say.

"She's your mother." he replies, as if I didn't know that. I sigh before answering the call. "Hello, mum." I greet awkwardly.

"Hi Reina." she clears her throat. "Are you busy?" she asks.

"No, mum." I respond, looking down at my feet. "Well, honey...I'm getting married again. To John." I almost tell her to get to the point of calling. I know she wants something out of it, she wouldn't just call me to tell me she's getting married and then hang up.

"Would you..." she stops. "Listen, hardly anyone knows about your...rebellion against me. I really don't want to have to explain it all and the chaos that would come with it, if you were not at the wedding. What I mean to say is, I need you to come to the wedding." she finishes. I knew it.

I cover the mouth piece and look to Luke. "What does she want?" he asks. "She wants me to come to the wedding?" I whisper, rolling my eyes.

"I get it, mother. W-When is it?" My mother never wanted to be embarrassed. That's what this was all about. She didn't want to tell everyone that her perfect little daughter had run away with the neighbor and is living with him in a one bedroom apartment, not mentioning that she is in fact sleeping with him. My grandparents would outrage and shun me.

"Well since it's not a big wedding, just a few people, we planned to get married on October 1st at 7:00 at the Charleson Venue downtown. That gives you two weeks to find a dress to wear and...look presentable. Let's hope you don't have some strange color in your hair or tattoos covering your body." I didn't even know why I was doing this. What did I care what people thought of me? Especially the people that she would be inviting to the wedding.

"Luke is invited as well, correct?" the deal was off if she refused to let him come. I needed him to be there with me or else I'd lose my head. "Well, honey..." she begins.

"I knew it. If he cant' come, I'm not going along with your cover up scheme." I stated. She was silent for a moment. "Luke is...welcome. Just make sure he wears a shirt this time." she agrees. I remember back to when Luke last saw my mom, the day before we left when he was mowing his yard and I smile.

"Ok, mum. I guess I'll see you then."

"Thank you." I almost hang up. "And Reina?" she asks.

"Yes?"

"I love you." she says. My heart falls. "Ok, mum." I say, my voice cracking. I hang up and set my phone next to me. "You ok?" Luke questions, pulling into his lap. "Yeah." I respond weakly, playing with a wisp of hair that had fallen on his forehead. He leant down and kisses my cheek. "So I guess we're going to a wedding." he says.

"Yep." I continue to stare at the piece of blond hair inbetween my fingers. He laughs and my eyes shoot to his. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing." he says, shaking his head. "Just the thought of you in a wedding dress makes gives me butterflies." he almost whispers. Did he mean it? I feel my cheeks glowing red and I know he can see it. "You wanna go take a walk before bed?" he asks me. I nod and we climb off the bed and put on our coat's on since it is a bit chilly.

I stay quiet while we walk outside, side by side. The cool breeze whips through the air as the busy city sounds travel. "What did she say that made you so quiet?" Luke says, pulling me into his side as we walk. "Oh nothing really. Just said 'I love you', I guess. I don't know if she meant it or if in my readiness to leave her awful behavior, I just forgot that she really did." Had I really thought about how my mum felt about me leaving her? "Oh." is all he says. Normally he would try to give me advice about this stuff, but even he has no clue what to say.

"Are you...rethinking all of this?" a look of concerned appeared on his face, even in the darkness I could tell he was upset. I just sighed, not knowing what to answer. He stopped, not looking at me. "You aren't going to...leave me are you?" he asked. My heart broke for the second time tonight. I burried myself in his chest and wrapped my arms around him. "I would never leave you, Lucas. You know that. I made this decision and I'm staying with it...with you." I say, holding onto him.

"I know, but you sounded like maybe you were second guessing yourself and maybe you'd...just, never mind." we continue walking. I would never leave him and he knew that. Right?

________

We get back to the apartment and sneak back to our room. The cool air woke me and I am feeling refreshed and not quite tired enough to go to bed just yet. "Hey Lukey." I say, playfully. I had never called him 'Lukey' before. He looked confused. "What do you want Reina?"

"What makes you think I want something?" I get closer to him, tracing my finger along his chest. "That walk made you a bit frisky, now didn't it?" he asks. I giggle. "Ok, yep." he answers for me, stepping back and falling back onto the bed. "Hey I like being on top." I say, almost ashamed at my dirty words. "Maybe we could...try it." his eyes go wide. "Uh-uhm sure. Tonight?" his voice cracks. He clears his throat.

"Uhuh." I say quickly.

Tonight would be a wild one.

A/N

baha oops guess where I left it. Anways, I felt like Luke deserved a little frisky time after singing for Reina, Driving Calum home, and having to go to Reina's mums wedding. So how do you like the playful side of Reina?

This has 5k! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH GUYS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You are all amazing and I want to kiss you.

Tell me what you think and leave me some feedback. I love readers who have ideas, crazy or not I love to see how you guys get into the story and who knows, I may use one of your ideas in the book ;)

LOVE LOVE LOVE