Chaper 23

Luke's P.O.V

I didn't even know this Calum guy, but he was a friend of Reina's.

I could tell that he like Reina, this was the same boy that kissed her and tried to take her away from me. I'd talk to him and tell him what I want to tell him without Reina there to hear me.

As we walked out to the parking lot, Calum stayed quiet. We got in the car and I cleared my throat. "Thanks." he said, not looking at me.

"No problem." I replied, pulling out of the parking lot. "Reina is a sweet girl, huh?" I started. He was confused. "I guess. You know more about her than I do, mate." he replied. There was a sting of venom behind his voice. He didn't like me.

"Listen, I know you like Reina, but she doesn't like you." I'm sure Reina would forgive me for the lie I was about to tell. "She said you were annoying...and you moved too fast." I say.

"She said that?" he squeeks. "Yeah. Sorry, man. She's just too nice to tell people how she feels." I say.

"I don't get it. She was so nice to me today." he replies, shaking his head.

"Because she feels bad for you. She only invited you tonight because she wanted to show you how happy she is with me. I suggest you keep your distance from her. She's not who you think she is." I say. I know it will hurt him, but if it keeps him away from Reina, I'll say whatever it takes.

He is silent. I don't know if he's about to cry, but he looks out his window so I can't see him. "I don't believe that." he says and shakes his head.

"Well, you should." I tell him.

"It's not like I would ever want to date her anyways. She's like my sister now. I forgot to tell her that our parents are getting married. I didn't want to because I was afraid that she'd get angry." he looks at his hand.

"Your parents are getting married? What the hell, man? You didn't tell her." I scoff and shake my head.

"I didn't want her to think of me differently. I was afraid that she might..." he stops.

"Brother-zone you?" I roll my eyes. "Listen, mate if you tried anything with my girl today, you better be sorry because if I find out about it, it won't be very lucky for you." I threaten.

"I didn't. I didn't say anything about my feelings toward her all day...well, I mean... I told her how lucky you were to have her." he says quietly. "You are lucky to have her. I know you just made up those things to keep me away from her. I understand. If I had someone as precious and beautiful as she is, I'd make up shit to protect her from other guys, too." he raises his voice. We're almost into town.

"Just don't let her get away from you. Don't you break her heart and don't you ever tell that she isn't good enough because she is. I haven't stopped thinking about her since the day that I first met her and when she tells you she loves you, treasure it, because that's something that I'll never here from her." we arrive at Reina's old house and he gets out. "Thanks for the ride." he says quietly, wiping his eyes.

"Don't forget what I said, Lucas." he says and acts as if he's going to say something else, but he keeps quiet and walks inside. He was right. In some ways I felt bad...

Reina's P.O.V

After my friends left and the bar was getting a bit rowdy as it got later, I decided to go back to the apartment and wait for Luke to get back. I worried about how Luke acted toward Calum.

Luke got back later than I expected. "Sorry, I had to stop at the store for a few things." he said when he walked through the bedroom door. "I got some...condoms." he said, almost embarrassed. I smiled. "Good. How'd it go with, Cal?" I ask.

"He uh...he's fine." he looked down. There was something he wasn't telling me. "And he told me that his dad is marrying your mum." he adds. My jaw drops.

"What the fuck?" Luke is surprised by my words. "They only met like two months ago! Why didn't he tell me?" I ask. Luke just shrugs. "I guess he forgot or something." he wasn't telling me stuff, I could see it in his eyes. I wouldn't pester him about it though. I did need to find out more about my mom and Mr. Hood.

"Um...do you want to use one of these tonight?" he holds up the box of condoms and shakes it. I laugh at him. "You're so weird." I say and continue reading my book. He sighs and hides them in the top drawer, then sits next to me on the bed.

"What are you reading?" he ask, over my shoulder. "A book." I say. I feel his lips on my neck. "Mmhmm." he says, kissing down my shoulder and pulling my sleeve down. "Luke." I say, closing my eyes. He doesn't answer, he just nips at my skin. I gasp. "Lucas." I say. He travels up my neck and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest and nibbling my ear. "Luke, stop." I say.

He stops. "Why?" he says.

"Because I'm not up to it." I say. After the get together tonight, I wasn't feeling the best.

"Then I can make you up to it." he flirts. I shake my head. "Reina, if this is about you getting pregnant, I have condoms. I bought them so that I could use them." he states.

"I know....but, I don't know." I pull my sleeve back up to cover my shoulder. "You aren't making sense, dear." he says. I sigh and burry my head in his chest. "I'm just worried. Maybe later." my voice is muffled and he strokes my hair and back.

"Ok. It's no problem." he smiles when I look up at him and I kiss his nose.

Just then my phone rings and I scurry to find it under the layers of blankets and sheets. Luke finds it before I do and looks at the screen. His expression changes.

"Its...your mum."

A/N

Soooo how do you like it? Sorry it took so long! I wrote most of this a few days ago and didn't get around to finishing it until now so sorry!

So what do you think her mum wants? Do you think that it's right for Reina to be worried about getting pregnant or is she just making nothing out of something?

I love how you guys are enjoying this! Anyways, as far as my love life is going, I think that my crush actually likes me which is like....how does that happen? If you'd like to hear more about my relationship go to www.idontcareaboutyourstupidlovelife.com for more info. Thank you.

SO KEEP READING AND VOTING AND YES I LOVE IT BECAUSE I JUST LOVE WRITING ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLE APPRECIATE IT

LOVE LOVE LOVE PUPPETS!