Chapter 10

I sat in the car listening to my music and thinking. Calum and his dad left this morning and he gave me his number to text him.  It wasn't as awkward that morning as I thought it'd be after the kiss and him saying that he was interested in me. He wanted to sneak out for a few minutes and give me one last goodbye. What if things actually happen between our parents and we do become siblings? I don't know. I don't want to think about it, right now.

"There he is." I say.

I'm getting so nervous. My heart races as I see my father walk toward the car with his luggage. I open my door and climb out of the car before straightening my top and hair. I went around to the side of the car and there stood my dad. Little bits of silver touced his golden strawberry blonde hair and the gruff unshaven look wore on his face.

"Reina, look at you." he says, dropping his bags. I run into his open arms and hold him tight. It had been so long. "Last time I hugged you, your head didn't even reach my waist. You're so beautiful." he says. I laugh and smile. I hadn't been called beautiful much and to know that my own dad thinks that I'm beautiful was something that couldn't be replaced by any boy.

"I've missed you. There's so much to tell you." Then, I remember Mum in the car. "Oh, and she's in the car." she hasn't even gotten out of the car. I pick up his bags and put them in the trunk before climbing into the back seat. Dad gets in on the passenger side.

"Skye." he nods toward her. "How have you been, sweetheart?" he asks.

"Just fine, Fredrick. And you?" her jaw clenched. She's acting like a...well, a bitch.

"I'm feeling wonderful, now. Reina is gorgeous, isn't she? She favors her mother." he asks, winking at me.

"Don't let her get a big head. No one is perfect, Fredrick." she snaps. I hated the way she was talking to him. I hope this visit gets better. Maybe he can sort things out with her.

"Right. No one is." he knows its best not to argue. My dad was smarter than I thought, but of course, he did live with my mother for years.

The drive home is so quiet and you can feel the tension between them. This was the longest car ride ever and I felt like I could jump out of the car. Well, not really. That's a bit much. We finally get home and Luke is mowing the lawn and he's...not wearing a shirt. Oh brother. Mum's gonna love this. She parks the car in the driveway and we all get out. Luke is done mowing and looks over to where we are.

My father waves at him and he waves back. "Is that him?" he whispers to me. I nod. "Young man! Won't you come here." he says to Luke. Oh goodness, please don't embarrass me. He walks over to us and he had to be shirtless. Good lord.

"I'm Freddie. Reina's father. She's told me about you." he says, shaking his hand.

"Same with you, sir." he laughs. "I'm Luke. It's nice to meet you. Your daughter is...really something special." he says, unaware that my mum is standing behind the car, probably listening to what's going on.

"She is, isn't she?" he says, pulling me into his side. "Well, It's nice to meet you, Luke and I hopefully will be seeing you in the future." he nods to Luke and we walk into the house.

"I'll get my bags later." he says, walking into the family room. "Ah! This is very nice, Skye. It's quite homey." he states.

She ignores him and walks into the kitchen. "She doesn't like you talking to Luke. She's probably pissed at both of us, now." I whisper. He shrugs.

"Oops." he says. "Your room is upstairs all the way at the end of the hall. You'll see it." I said to him. He left me to go get his bags and went up the stairs to his room. I didn't want to have a 'talk' with Mum so I went up to talk to my dad.