Chapter 22

We entered the bar and the familar smell of smoke and perfume bring back bad memories, but then again it makes me think back to when I was in the bathroom with Luke and he was trying his best to get the overly applicated makeup off my face.

I look around and notice that Luke isn't anywhere. He must be just working later. "Where are they?" Calum asks behind me. I scan the room for them and spot a head of blue hair. Michael must have changed his hair color again. "Over there, I think."

We walk over to the large round booth in the corner of the room where Ashton, Olivia and a very blue Michael. "Hey, guys!" Olivia stands up to hug me.

"Oh my gosh, I missed you so much." she says. Ashton stands up as well and wraps his arms around me. "You been good, Moritz? I hope you don't beat your boyfriend too badly. He's nice." he kids. "Only once a week." I say back to him.

Michael just smiles and waves. "Where is Luke?" he asks.

"Probably working, he shouldn't be too much longer." I smile and wonder myself where he is. He doesn't normally work this late. Calum awkwardly sits between me and Olivia. "Calum, I didn't know you were going to be here." she says to him, smiling.

"Oh well, Reina invited me." he says and looks of confusion appear on everyones faces. "He was in town so I just asked him." I clear my throat and fake a laugh. After texting Luke to see where he is, waitress comes to take our orders. I can't believe that I actually dressed like she did, short shorts and cleavage showing top. It was embarrassing, really. I wasn't that hungry so I just got some fries and a soda.

"Alright, who's ready for tonights live music? We've got some good artists here, folks." a guy says through a mic. I wish Luke would hurry with his surprise. Drunks cheer and whistle. "So give it up for Luke Hemmings, ladies and gentlemen." What? My eyes shoot to the stage. Luke walks to the bar stool, guitar in hand. "Evening to you all!" Luke says, his cheeks obviously red and his hands shaking from nervousness.

He's actually singing in front of everyone. This is the surprise. "I'd like to start out by saying that my lovely girlfriend is here and she has no idea I'm doing this. Well, she does now." he smiles, locating me through all the faces. This earns laughs and awe's from the crowd.

"Reina! Look how sweet he is!" Olivia hits my arm. "I know." I say quietly, not losing eye contact with him. He gets ready, taking a deep breath and putting his capo on. As he starts to play, my heart melts. He's going to sing Lego House, the song that I heard him sing from his window on the first day that I met him.

His voice is shaky at first and my hands squeeze tight. "You've got this." I mouth to him and he nods while singing, not taking his eyes off me. My heart races as the words fall from his mouth. His eyes clamp shut on the high notes.

It's the most beautiful thing that I have ever heard. It makes me fall in love with him all over again, tears come to my eyes and I try to blink them away. A few months ago, he wouldn't sing for anyone and now in front of at least a hundred people, he's singing into that mic. You do crazy things for the people you love. I think those words describe everything about our relationship.

We have come so far from who we were in the beginning. Our whole lives have changed, but it hasn't change who we are inside. I wouldn't change anything at all. I wouldn't trade my life for anyones and I certainly wouldn't trade this moment for all the money in the world. This moment was something that I would remember always.

"And out of all these things I've done, I think I love you better now." he finishes. I am standing by this point and people clap and cheer. I can't help but run up onto the stage as he wraps his arms around me.

I look up to him. "I love you so much." I say and kiss his lips in front of everyone as if to say, he's mine. "Reina, don't cry." he wipes my cheeks with his hand and we both laugh.

"Again, give it up for Luke!" the announcer says, getting back on the stage. We go sit down at the table, hand in hand and I notice Calums heartbroken expression. Everyone congradulates Luke and Calum looks up, obvious hurt in his eyes. "Yeah, Good job." he says and tries to smile.

It hurts me to see the look on his face. I never would have brought him if I had known this would happen. "Hey guys, it was nice seeing you all and congrats again, Luke, but I should go." he says.

"You don't have a ride home, though." I state. I know he was supposed to ride in Ashton's car but they aren't even leaving. "Do you have to go now?" I ask. He looks up to me. "Yeah." he says, though I know he doesn't.

"I could drive him." Luke speaks up. I turn to him, confused. "It's no problem and shouldn't take very long. I'll be back, don't worry." he says. He seems happy to go. "Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah, you hang out with your friends. I'll take him" he says and gets his keys out of his pocket. Calum is hesitant but agrees to going with him. I hope they end up killing eachother.

Who knows, maybe good will come out of it?

A/N

Sorry it took so long to update! I have been sick and school is bleck.

What do you think will happen when Luke drives Calum home? I was actually shaking and crying while writing this. It's amazing how just imagining something can have an affect on you.

I will TRY to put the video in the sidebar of Luke singing Lego House. If not, look it up. It's adorable honestly and he looks so nervous without the other boys with him.

Thanks for reading and for 3.5k reads! That is amazing! I love you all so much!

Love love love