Chapter 19

Luke's P.O.V

I heard Reina say something about Lily but then they told me that I had to leave. My stomach turned at the thought of Reina meeting Lily. I just hoped that she wouldn't tell Reina anything that wasn't true or something that would hurt her.

"Lucas, I still can't believe you'd do this to us and that poor girl's family." my mum walked into the room and my dad followed her. "Mum, it's not like that. She was having really hard times with her family and she needed some time away for a while, that's all." I explained to her.

"Yes, but you disobeyed us and her parents. They already said that they didn't want her dating and what do you do? Run away with her." she sighs. "Luke, if you two are having sex, I will-" I interupted her "No! Mum. We're not, I promise." I made a disgusted face, even though I wouldn't mind if we did have sex. Actually I'd enjoy it imensely. Ok, that's not important now.

"Good. Her mother would kill me, especially if you got her pregnant." she said. I huffed and looked out the window.

"Listen, please." my dad said, turning my attention to him. "I am." I say back.

"You can't just run away, Luke. That's not how you deal with problems." he says. I honestly didn't care about what they said. I just wanted to get out of this mess.

"I know. It's just...different with her, dad." I say, looking him in the eye. I want him to see my sincerity. I swallowed. "Dad, you remember when you met mum? You used to tell me that you knew that you loved her. When you were willing to make sacrifices for her, just to be with her. When you would risk your life for her. That's when you knew." I try to find any emotion in his eyes. He is silent. "Dad, please. Try to see it that way." he sigh.

"I'd go through hell with her." I feel my eyes getting a bit watery thinking about her. It was true. I'd go through hell and worse with her and if I get killed doing it, then so be it.

"Son." my mother begins, then looks to my father for words to say. "You've still got the rest of your life ahead of you. Why do you need to make these decisions now? You haven't even finished school and maybe you'd like to go to college." she says.

"I'm not changing my mind, mum. I already told you that I wanted to be music artist and I can do that with Reina. Besides, her mum has already let her live on her own. She needs me mum...but more importantly I need her." I say. Of course, this was the first time that I would admit it. I was supposed to be her protector and be the strong one, but really I needed her. She could heal a broken hearted man, and she already has healed this broken hearted man.

"We need to talk about this. Stay here and don't you leave this room, young man." she got up and and left with my father. They went down the hallway and down the elevator. Maybe they were going to discuss this over a warm cup of coffee. Lovely.

I wonder if I could get my job back. I still wondered how Reina could have met Lily and how she would know that I knew her. If she had met Reina, she probably talked about me. I needed to call Reina and ask about it. Maybe she had gone into the bar for something. A job? I sure hoped not. The revealing outfits those girls wear and the thought of other men looking at her made me angry. I know Reina, though. She wouldn't dress or act like those girls.

I heard the desperation in her voice when I called her. She couldn't do it much longer by herself. She did have Richard with her, but she needed someone she could really talk to. She can talk to Richard, but...well ok, she needs me.

I waited in the room and finally the door opened, but it was just some random guy. "Can I have my phone?" I asked him.

"You the kid who's parents were looking for him?" he asks. I sigh in annoyance. "Yes. They're here though, they just stepped out for a moment."