Chapter 27

Calum's P.O.V

'I never should have gone' I thought, as I unlocked the front door. I checked my phone. Four in the morning. I quietly stepped in the house, careful not to wake my dad or his girlfriend.

"So, where have you been?" the witch said, crossing her arms. Shit. "Did you hear me?"

"I went out for a walk." I lied.

"A six hour walk? You must be pretty tired. Have a seat." I reluctantly sat on the couch and dropped my head. I knew she'd tell my dad...if I didn't get my way out of it. "I'm so sorry...Mom." the word came out of my mouth like a bad tasting piece of food. "I knew that it was wrong the minute I stepped out the door, but my friends said that if I didn't go to this party, I couldn't hang out with them anymore."

"Then you won't. I'll speak to their mothers and you, sir, are grounded. Go to bed." she pointed to the stairs. I started up the stairs and turned around. "Please don't call their parents. They aren't bad kids." I sounded pathetic. She seemed a bit sympathetic but took her cup of coffee to the kitchen before going to her room.

I sighed, practically falling into my room. I had made so many mistakes tonight, luckily I didn't drink though. I almost slept with a girl, but it didn't feel right. I hardly knew her.

Laying down on my bed, I felt like crying. My life was so messed up right now. I felt so alone, no friends, no family. I couldn't get her stupid smile out of my head - that smile. My heart stopped just thinking about her. I needed to let go of her, I needed to get her out and forget about her. I'd see her at the wedding and she'd look beautiful, but he'd be there with her. I glanced out my window and saw headlights pulling into the driveway next door.

Luke? Was she with him? He got out of the car with a few bags and headed in the house. She wasn't with him.

I looked down at my phone, waking me from my thoughts. My stomach felt ten times heavier. A message from Reina. 'Can I call you? I know it's early, but I can't sleep'

I dialed her number quickly and held my breath as it rang. "Hello?" she sounded so broken. If he had hurt her, I swear. "Reina, you ok?" she was hesitant. "I'm just...I'm not ok. I'm not going to lie." her sobs came from the other end, causing tears to fill my stinging eyes.

"What happened? What did he do to you?" I asked her, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. "It wasn't really him, I mean...I'm pregnant, Calum." her words hit me like a train. I stood frozen taking in the silence. "You are?" I asked, my mouth dry.

From no response on the other end, I took it that she had nodded. "He left you because you got pregnant?" I was furious now. "I don't know. He didn't seem thrilled about it and then he left a note saying he was going to his parents for a little bit."

"Are you alone?" I ask her. It seemed this whole conversation was me asking questions. "Yeah, I hate it, but maybe I need to be alone sometimes." her voice trailed off. "Actually, I was wondering if I could stay there." she said quickly.

"You want to come here? Reina, I don't think that's a good move. Besides, I'm not exactly on good terms with her right now." I said back to her. "I can come there. As your brother and friend, Reina." I added.

"Could you? That would be...that would be great. You know where it is right?" relief flooded her broken voice. "Oh, you've never been, I forgot. Well, I'll text you the address."

"Ok, get some sleep, beautiful. You won't be getting much when you're little one comes." I tried to smile. She laughed, though I could tell she was still crying. "Thank you. See you soon." she hung up.

A baby. How dare that boy get her pregnant and then leave her like that. If I wasn't going to be with Reina, I'd go over there and give him a piece of my mind. I sighed again and threw a few things in a bag. I'd leave in the morning, as soon as I could. But then I remembered.

I was grounded.

____________

Reina's P.O.V

I woke up in the morning feeling refreshed. Something about knowing someone would be here to protect me and the baby was comforting. I wouldn't be alone. Luke wouldn't mind anyways, Calum was going to be my brother.

I sipped my coffee and cleaned up a bit. I texted Luke that I loved him, and didn't expect a reply. He needed some time to think about it. I texted Calum and asked when he'd be here and he didn't reply, either.

A couple of hours passed and he still didn't come. I kept glancing out the window, but I didn't see a car or anyone that looked like him. I tried calling him, but he didn't answer. I'm sure he was coming, his phone was just dead or he was driving.

I called him once more and a man answered the phone. "Is...Calum there?" it must be John.

"Actually, he's grounded. I can take a message. Who is this?" he asked. I closed my eyes. He told me he'd come. "No, just an old friend calling to say hello. Thank you, bye." I hung up quickly. Great. So I would be home alone.

I grabbed the laptop and looked up names. Ordered a few new baby books, since I hadn't ever really babysat so I wasn't that experienced with babies. I took my makeup off and put one of Luke's old tshirts on over my shorts.

There was a knock at the door that scared me out of my wits. Luke had come home. I ran to the door and flung it open, ready to throw myself in his arms and tell him how much I loved him. But it wasn't Luke. It was Calum.

"I thought you weren't going to show up." I said. He hugged me. "Well I had to sneak out of my house and I know I'm going to get a beating when I get home, but you're worth it." he said, looking in my eyes. I blushed and mentally slapped myself.

He glanced at what I was wearing and quickly averted his eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't think you were coming so I...yeah, I'll be right back. Your room is on the right of the kitchen. I walked back to the room, pulling my shirt down.

I took the shirt off and put a bra back on. I debated changing the shirt, but I decided to keep it on. I put my messy hair into a pony tail and met Cal in the family room. I got a fire started in the fire place and sat down next to him. We sat in silence for a few minutes. "Let's talk." he finally said. I pulled my knees to my chest. "What is there to say?" I said.

"Let's talk about...things. Luke, the baby, how you see it working out." he said. "I'd rather not." I shook my head. "You'll feel better. Trust me. I'm your shoulder to cry on." he smiled.

"I never knew he'd be like that. I expected him to be happy about it, tell me that he hoped the baby looked like him. Instead, he just stood there and then turned away from me." I paused. "He yelled and it seemed like he was blaming it on me. I've never regreted anything more in my life." I explained. Remembering it caused me to cry again. "I'm so pathetic." I said, trying to smile.

"No you aren't. You're broken." he said, tucking a piece of hair that had fallen from my pony tail, behind my ear. I fell into his arms, letting the pain that had built up from the past day all out. I needed this. He rubbed my back. "I just can't imagine what it would be raising my child...and him never coming back." I said, muffled into his shirt.

"He'll come back." he replied. "And if he doesn't, you aren't alone. You have great friends and...me." he said. I looked up at him, his dark brown eyes were kind and selfless. It seemed as if I was the only thing in the world, the only thing that ever mattered to him.

I leaned forward, wanting to kiss him. I'd never felt like this before. He drew in a sharp breath and held my chin. "Don't...don't do something you'll regret, Reina." he whispered kindly. I looked away realizing what I was about to do. "Thank you." I said. He kissed my cheek softly and stood from the couch.

"Don't leave me please. Just stay here with me for a little bit." I said. I sounded so desperate as I looked up at him. He sat back down and I laid my head on his shoulder. "Is this ok?" I asked him. "I'm not a whore am I?"

"It's fine. Whatever you need." he said. "You aren't a whore because you're laying on your brothers shoulder."

"You aren't really my brother. What if it was the other way around? What if I was with you and Luke was my step brother?" I thought about it myself. What if I had been with Calum instead and he was the father of my child? No! I had to stop thinking like that. I love Luke and nothing could change that.

He seemed to be thinking about it too. "If you were with me, I'd think it was a dream to be honest." he said. These were things that killed me. "I shouldn't have said that. I think it would be fine, especially if I left you and you needed someone to hold you for a while." he played with my hair.

"Luke is a great guy. He wouldn't leave you alone."

"I know. It's just hard to see that sometimes." I replied to him, closing my eyes. He laid me down on the couch and covered me with a blanket. "You're tired." he said, kissing my head and leaving me.

I fell asleep, never wanting to forget the way he looked at me.

A/N

LONG CHAPTER YAY! SORTA!

SOOOO what did you think? Did you like the Calum Reina moments or are some of you screaming at her because NO LUKE IS HER ONE AND ONLY

Tell me what you think? Luke and Reina or Cal and Reina?

I listened to To Build a Home by somebody, I forgot who (If you search the title, you'll find it. Some orchestra) and Rain by Brian Crain during the sweet Caleina (Ima call it that) moment.

I just want you to know how much I am AMAZED AT HOW MANY READS THIS HAS!!!!!!! IT HAD 8000 WHEN I LAST UPDATED A FEW DAYS AGO AND WE'RE ALMOST TO 10K GUYS I LOVE YOU! This is a huge blessing and MAKES ME WANT TO UPDATED MORE OFTEN!

PLEASE COMMENT AND LEAVE FEEDBACK AND ALL THAT STUFF BECAUSE THAT IS LIKE MY FUEL FOR WRITING, K? Sorry I'm yelling. I'm just supa excited.

LOVE LOVE LOVE