Chapter 26

It couldn't have been true.

How? I mean, I've heard pregnant teen stories, including my own mothers. I just thought the chances were slim since we have only slept together a few times without protection. I sat on the toilet looking at the test, again and again, making sure that I wasn't just imagining things.

I had a baby inside me. How could I tell Luke that I was indeed pregnant with his child. Olivia had talked to me for a bit on how I couldn't abort the baby, no matter what anyone told me. She was right. I couldn't take my childs life because I wanted 'freedom'.

 I had no idea how I'd tell him. Tears filled my eyes and I couldn't quit shaking. I walked through the empty house to the kitchen and made myself some tea. The whole time, I was thinking of a way to tell him.

My stomach turned everytime I looked at the clock and saw that it was ticking closer and closer to the time he'd arrive home. Home. We couldn't live here anymore because they didn't allow kids in the complex. That was another worry added to the list.

I was a mess. I could at least look human before he got home, so it didn't look like a monster was telling him she's having his baby. I got dressed and looked in the mirror, almost crying at what I saw. I had become like my mother, I swore that I'd never end up like she did, but here I was. Pregnant with a seventeen year olds baby. I tried to put on makeup but my tears just kept making it run down my face, so I decided he'd have to deal with it.

The sound of the key in the doorknob and the door openining, made my almost pass out. "Reina, I got you something." Luke called, not knowing that I was just in the kitchen. "Oh! These are for you." he turned around, kissing me and handing me roses. "I got a bonus!" he said, excitedly. His smile faded when he saw my face.

"What's wrong? What happened?" he said, wiping my tears from under my eyes. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before opening them again and sighing. "Luke, you're going to be a father." I tried to smile. For a moment, all color disappeared from his face.

He smiled again. "Rein, you're joking."

I started to cry again, shaking my head. "I'm pregnant."

He turned away from me, sitting on the couch. I didn't know if I should follow him or leave him alone in his thoughts. "How the fuck did this happen?" he asked, almost yelling.

"We both know how it happened, Luke." I said.

"Don't be a smart-ass! You know what I mean. God, of all the-" he put his head in his hands. "Well you apparently don't since you're acting like it's my fault!" I replied.

"You're going to get an abortion, right?" his words hurt deep down. He was telling me to kill his child. I placed my hand on my stomach as if to assure it that it was okay. I didn't answer his question, I stepped back and turned to walk into the bedroom. I expected Luke to grab me with his large hands and tell me that it was ok. That he'd be here for me no matter what, that he was sorry and didn't mean what he had just said, but he didn't. He sat on the couch, his head in his hands hiding from the world.

I locked the door behind me, though I know he wouldn't even try to come in. My heart was heavy with doubt, greif, regret. I really thought he'd acted differently. I wished that I could walk in there, all smiles and laughing, telling him it was a joke. That I was just kidding. I couldn't, though.

I couldn't even talk to him. I couldn't touch him. It's like he was miles away.

In some ways

He was

_________________________

I woke up to find someone in the room, opening drawers and grabbing things from the dresser. I turned on the light. Luke had picked the lock and was now staring straight into my eyes, his blue eyes red. "Are you...are you leaving?" I asked, glancing at the bag in his hand.

He opened his mouth to speak, but then looked down. "I'm not...leaving. I just..." he slurred. He had been drinking. Who was this man? Could I even call him a man? No. He was just a boy. "I'm going to take a drive."

"No you aren't. You've been drinking. You can't drive." I told him. He fist clenched. "Don't tell me what I can and can't do. If you wanted to tell things what to do, you could have gotten a dog and then you wouldn't be pregnant and your life wouldn't be ruined." he said.

"You haven't ruined my life! You will ruin my life and this baby's if you leave us." I say. He turns away from me. "I'm just going for a drive. I'll take a taxi." he says in monotone. He leaves, taking his things. I didn't want to argue with him anymore. He said he wasn't going to leave me, and I trusted him.

I waited for him to get home. Hours passed as I stared at the clock. I finally got up, knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep that night. When I went into the kitchen, a note lie on the counter

'Reina, I need some time away from this. Going to my parents house for a few days - Luke'

I didn't know if I should be relieved that he wasn't leaving me, or upset that he lied to me and told me he was going for a drive. I didn't know what to do in the next few days except lie around and cry and I had done that all day today and I was tired of it.

I debated going to my mom's house, but that would be a bad idea. Plus, Calum and his dad live there now. My mother already told me that I was never coming home, so a baby would make it ten times worse. Would she even want me coming to the wedding? Luckily it was in two weeks so I wouldn't show and I could probably still fit in my dress.

What if I went and stayed with her, not telling her what had happened? Luke would be right next door, but he didn't have to know I was there. I would text Calum in the morning and ask him if I could come and stay. I was probably going to regret it, but I wasn't going to stay here alone.

I trodded back to bed and tried to fall asleep, though I knew that I wouldn't...

A/N

Ok so sorry its been so long since I updated and this was short, but I've written this chapter over a period of three writing sessions because I kept getting interrupted and such so it's taken me like two weeks to write this chapter.

The next one will be longer. What do you think? I tried to make Luke's reaction a bit more realistic, because there are way too many pregnant fanfics where the guy is all happy about it and the whole 'we'll raise this baby together' type mush right after she tells him. It's unrealistic, lets face it. If you told your boyfriend you were pregnant, it'd be pretty life changing and scary for him.

Do you think that her mother will let her stay? Will she tell anyone else? Do you think it was right for Luke to leave her for a few days?

LEAVE COMMENTS! I may not reply to them because I don't have time or I just can't see them since I don't get notified when I receive a comment.

LOVE LOVE LOVE