Chapter 30

Reina's P.O.V

There was a knock at my bedrom door, startling me from my almost slumber. "Come in." Just as I expected, Calum's head peaked through the door before opening it all the way. With him was a tray of chicken noodle soup and ginger ale. "I told your mum you weren't feeling well so she told me to bring this to you." he explained. 

"Thank you, Calum. Really. For everything you've done." I held his wrist and pulled him down so I could kiss his cheek. He shook his head. "Don't thank me. I haven't done anything." I knew he was just trying to be modest, but something behind his words made me think he was referring to my mum. 

"Have you gone to the doctor yet?" Calum asked. I shook my head while sipping on the ginger ale through the straw. I instantly regretted it when my stomach felt queezy. I set the ginger ale aside and decided not to even try the soup. 

"I could take you." he looked down at his hands. I knew he wasn't sure himself. "You can't wait forever for Luke to come back. I could pretend to be the babies father, just for the appointment." He was right. I couldn't wait for Luke to wake up and realize that he needed to be a responsible adult, when I had Calum right by my side this whole time. 

"Ok. If he comes back...I mean before I go.." my voice trailed off. He swallowed. "Then he can take you. I'm just trying to help you, Reina. I'm not trying to be the fall back daddy." I smiled at his choice of words. He patted my leg before standing up. "Get some rest. I'll call a doctor in the morning." he smiled weakly and left me alone in my thoughts. 

Luke would come back. 

I knew he would

Right?

____________________

I took a deep breath, my heart pounding a million miles an hour. We got an appoinment with the doctor the next day and I sat here in the waiting room, watching other pregnant ladies who were much bigger and farther along than I was and a few with screaming kids. 

There was one couple that stood out to me though. A young girl, not much older than I and a boy who looked around Luke's age. He held the hand of the girl and he smiled at her. He whispered something in her ear and then kissed her cheek. She was just as scared as I was. 

She glanced at me and I wanted to tell her that I too was a pregnant teenager and she wasn't alone. I wanted to tell her how blessed she was to have her boyfriend there and so supporting. Calum seemed to have noticed me starring at the girl, because he grabbed my hand in his and squeezed it. "It's going to be ok." he said slightly above a whisper. I nodded and looked into his dark eyes. 

Luke hasn't tried to contact me at all and I was begining to believe that my biggest fear was coming true. Just as my thoughts started to get the best of me, I heard my name called. "Reina Moritz and Luke Hemmings." Calum signed in as Luke so that if Luke came back last minute, he would take his place. 

We stood up and took a deep breath. As we followed the nurse down the hall, I glanced behind my shoulder to see the young girl. She smiled and me and nodded as if to reassure me. I returned the smile and continued walking down the hall. I hated being here. The smells, the cries of children, the white everything. I hated it. 

"We won't be doing a urine test because your bladder should be full for the sonagram, so we'll just do the normal nurse stuff." she winked.  She was trying to stay chipper, but I didn't know how anyone could work here and still be happy. 

The nurse took my temperature, my blood pressure and weighed me. "The doctor will be with you shortly." she said before leaving. I heaved a sigh and closed my eyes. 

"Stop worrying. There's no reason that this will go wrong." Calum said. I opened my eyes and looked at him. I bit my lip to keep from crying. "I know." I said, only because I couldn't say anything else. I couldn't say anything or I'd start crying. I couldn't say anything about wanting Luke to be by my side instead of Calum. 

We waited for a few awkward silent moments before a female doctor thankfully came through the door. "Reina, how are you feeling?" she asked, shaking my hand. "Worried." I admited. 

"Everything with you seems to be fine. We'll just get this sonagram going and see how your little one is doing. There's nothing to worry about." she smiled. "And you must be Luke. I really have got to hand it to you. Most boys in this situation wouldn't be here now. I guess it's just too much for them to handle." a ping of hurt struck me and again I felt like crying. 

"I couldn't leave her...or my baby." Calum said, glancing at me. "I'm glad. Ok, lets get started." the doctor said, whose name was Lillian Jones. She put on rubber gloves and got a few things together from cabinets and the counter that I couldn't see since her back was turned to me. I was thankful that they didn't ask Calum for a sperm sample. That could be disasterous. 

"Lift your shirt for me, dear." she said. I pulled my shirt up to my breasts and with her gloved hands, she smothered the gel on my skin. "It's a little bit cold." she laughed when I jumped from the shock of the temperature of the gel. 

She turned on the screen and started moving the object around, trying to get a good picture. "We won't see a whole lot since you are only a few weeks pregnant, but this is just to make sure that he or she is doing ok. Calum stood next to me, crossing his arms and watching the screen, but for some reason I didn't want to. It made me feel uncomfortable knowing that Calum would see Luke's child before Luke did. 

"Yep, there it is." she said. My eyes averted to the screen. It looked like almost nothing. A tear shaped spot on the screen. "You definitely are pregnant, Miss Moritz." Dr. Jones said. "Well that's it. There will be more to see at eight and twelve weeks along. Lets get you cleaned up and set those appointments." I nodded, but worried. If Luke came back to these appointments, she'd know that one of the boys wasn't the father. I'd have to find a new doctor when Luke came back. If he came back. 

I got up from the bed after the gel was wiped from my stomach. I went to the bathroom right after and threw up. I had only thrown up a couple of times, but never in a public place. I cleaned up and looked in the mirror, suddenly feeling like sobbing again. I was so emotional lately. 

I exited the bathroom, wiping my tears and meeting Calum outside. "Sorry I couldn't go in the womens bathroom. Are you feeling ok?" I just nodded. I hadn't said a word since the sonagram. "What are we going to do if we schedule the next appoinment and Lu-" I interupted him. "I know. I'm just not going to come. I'll find another doctor." I said. 

We walked back down the hall and up to the front desk. "Is Thursday the twenty-third ok?" the lady said. "Reina." Calum nudged me. "Oh, yeah that's fine." I was completely weak. "We'll see you here in five weeks! Thank you!" she said. Everyone in this damn office seemed to be smiling and chipper and it made me want to be sick again. 

"What happened back there that made you like this? The doctor said you and your baby looked healthy." Calum said. I didn't look at him. I just shrugged. We left the doctors office and walked in the parking lot, me barely lifting my head. 

"Reina?" a familiar voice rang through my ears. I looked up. 

There before me was the tall blonde headed boy with outstretched arms. I ran into his arms and held him like I wasn't going to let go. I began to cry once again as I burried my head in his chest. 

"Lucas Hemmings, don't you ever leave me like that again." 

A/N

So a lot happened, that's why its short but I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAST THIS THING IS GETTING READS GUYS! 

Anyways, this finally has 30 chapters!

How do you think Luke found Reina? AW AW AW I'm so happy now guys. 

OH AND BTW GUYS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ MY OTHER FIC ADOPTED BECAUSE I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND I JUST UGH FEELS! I seriously love it so much and if you guys would read it, it would make my life complete. 

ALRIGHT YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO! VOTE COMMENT AND ALL THAT STUFF!

LOVE LOVE LOVE