Chapter 25

The next day, I felt almost gross. I called Olivia and asked if she wanted to go dress shopping with me for the wedding and just talk like we used to. Fresh air would do me good and take my mind off my terrible headache. Luke went to work as usual and Richard took a plane to America to spend the winter in Florida. I guess the cold London winters were too much for him.

After getting dressed and not eating breakfast, because of my loss of appetite over the past few days, I took a cab to the mall that Olivia would be meeting me for lunch and shopping at. Luke had already told me not to spend much today, with Richard leaving for Florida, our budget was tight.

Throughout the day Liv offered to pay for so many things, but I couldn't let her.

"Reina, you need to eat something. You're already too thin." she said to me as I picked at my chinese food. "No, I'm not. I've been gaining weight...I just hope that Luke hasn't noticed." I said with my head down.

She laughed. "Do you really think that Luke would think less of you because you gain a few pounds? I even know him better than that and I don't live with him." she took a sip of her Sprite.

"Yeah, I know. I'm just being stupid. God, this headache. Do you have Advil?" I rubbed my temples. She opened her purse and handed me a bottle of Advil. Taking two of the pills, I got up and threw my lunch away. "Let's go find a dress, then maybe I'll get a smoothie later." I suggest.

We walk through the mall, passing the crowds and looking in the windows. Olivia wants to stop at every store, but I remind her of the real reason we came here. She practically drags me into Forever 21 and I sit in a chair in a dressing room stall. "So have you slept with him yet?" she asks, not making eye contact. I blush and pick at my finger nails. "Um, yeah. Multiple times." I mumble.

"Ooh, is it big?" my gaze shoots to her as I see she's modeling a shirt for me. "I can get a smaller size or...what?" she notices my horrified expression. I then bust with laughter. "What did I say?" her clueless expression makes me laugh harder.

"I didn't know you were talking about the shirt." I get out before bending over in laughter. I finally settle down. My headache is definitely gone by now. She purchases the few items that she tried on and we leave the store to find dresses.

We finally find a store and I pick out a few dresses that aren't too revealing, as my mother would slit my throat if her daughter came her wedding 'dressed like a prostitute'. I put on the first dress and it feels tight. "I told you I'm gaining weight." I wrinkle my nose in disgust.

"This store just has tight clothing." she shakes her head and hands me another dress. "Try that one."

"The smell in here is making me nauseous. I want to get a dress and get out of here." I feel like I'm going to barf from the smell. I try on a purple strapless that comes to above my knees and has roses crossing diagonally across my chest to the waist. "It fits and its cute. Let's go."

We left the dressing rooms for the second time today and paid for the dress. After stopping by a smoothie place, we left the mall.

"Since you aren't feeling well and Luke won't be home for a bit, I can come over to keep you company." Olivia invited herself.

"Would you? I'd love that." my feet were so tired and I threw my bags in the back seat of her old car, climbing into the front seat.

With my instructions, she got us to the apartment complex without trouble. When we stepped into the room, the smell of smoke filled my nose. Nothing was on fire. The window was open and someone across the street was having a bonfire in their front yard.

I closed the window and crashed onto the couch. Olivia got a tub of warm water for my feet, but I ended up throwing up into it. "I'll call Luke. I think you're sick." Olivia grabbed my phone.

"Please don't bother him. I just haven't eaten all day so my stomach was messed up. I'll be fine if I eat something." I say.

"I'll go out and get you some soup. What kind?" Olivia got her shoes on again and put on her coat.

"Chicken noodle is fine. Thank you, you're a doll." I smiled at her sweetly as she left me alone in the family room.

I turned on the tv and tried to find something that wasn't about rednecks or Kardashians. Olivia got back a few minutes later when I finally found Say Yes to The Dress. I've heard this show makes you want to get married.

I tried eating the soup, even though I had no appetite. Olivia tossed me a small bag from the drug store. "Oh you got me medicine." I opened up the bag, but it wasn't medicine at all.

It was a pregnancy test. "You think I'm pregnant?" I questioned.

"Reina, think about it. You're throwing up, gaining weight and having sex with Luke." she stated the facts. It was possible, but I could hardly think about a baby. I was thinking about how Luke would react if I was in fact pregnant.

"I don't want to know." I tossed it aside. "But I do." I glanced at it again, sighing. I took it into the bathroom and followed the instructions. My anticipation built as I waited for the results.

"Olivia!" I screamed. She rushed in. "Are you?" she picked it up looking at it.

"No, you aren't. That means you're not pregnant, stupid. Thanks for giving me a heart attack." she tossed the test into the trash and I washed my hands and laid back on the couch.

We sat in silence, just watching the tv. "I wonder what would happen if Ashton got me pregnant. He doesn't seem as mature as Luke, so I don't know what he'd do." Olivia finally broke the silence.

I shrugged, consumed in my own thoughts. What would my mother think if I was? She'd say 'I told you so' for sure, thinking that I'd go through what she went through. But Luke would actually stay with me.

"I bought two just in case, so if you ever want to test again, I put it in the bathroom under the sink." she got up and took my soup bowl to the kitchen.

_________________________

Olivia left when Luke got home and kissed me even though I was sick. "I'd rather us both be sick and die then for you to be the only sick and die alone." he had said.

I went to bed early and Luke decided he'd keep me warm and go to bed early with me. He brushed his teeth and flossed as my eyelids started to close.

"What the fuck is this?" my eyes shot open. Luke stood before me reading the pregnancy test box. "Why do you think you're pregnant?"

I shook my head. "I don't. Olivia made me to be sure. The fact that I'm sick and I've been gaining wei-" I stopped. I didn't want him to know.

He climbed over in the bed with me. "Reina, look at me." he said. "You haven't been starving yourself, have you?"

I shook my head. "Of course not. It's not a big deal. Yes, I'm gaining weight but I didn't want you..." I stopped. Unsure of what to say.

"I would never love you less if you were getting bigger. Don't be silly." he wrapped his arms around me. "I hadn't even noticed." he says truthfully.

"I love you." I say into his chest. "You wouldn't leave me, would you?" I ask.

"Why would I leave you? I wouldn't. Well unless of course you murdered someone or were actually an alien." Luke lays back, pulling me with him.

"An alien?" I question.

"First thing that popped into my head. You'd be the cutest alien I ever saw." he kisses my head and turns off the lamp.

And so I fell asleep in his arms, just how it is almost every night with Luke.

_____________________

Home alone once again, my curiosity got the best of me. After a few days, the sickness was on and off.

I went into the bathroom and once again took the pregnancy test between my fingers. I was being stupid, we've used protection most times and I wasn't fertile on the days that we didn't.

I clamped my eyes shut, not wanting to know what the stick read. I finally opened my eyes and looked closely, my heart pounding.

I dialed a number quickly, my hands shaking.

"Olivia, I'm pregnant."

A/N

Sorry this was so short! I had to update on my phone. So I've been planing this doozy of a surprise since one of the first few chapters.

What do you think will happen?

Thanks for reading and so I'm off to sleep because I can hardly keep my eyes open.

GOODNIGHT

LOVE LOVE LOVE