Chapter 37

Getting back from the doctors office, we stopped for ice cream. I couldn't look at him the same way knowing that the first few months of us being together were fake. The first I love you, the first kiss maybe even our first time was all just playing pretend. 

He seemed to have noticed me staring as we sat outside the little shop in downtown Wendover, when he stopped licking his ice cream and gave me a confused look. "Jealous?" he said. I should have smacked him, but I just shook my head. "Just thinking." I said. 

When we got the results, he was thrilled. "I knew it." he had said when we had discovered that the baby was indeed a girl. Hollis Charity Moritz. The chance of her seeing was slimmer than it was last time. It was almost impossible now. She was blind. 

There was still tension between the two of us. Something wasn't right. 

Something didn't feel right. 

Luke's P.O.V

I lay in my bed flipping through a parenting magazine that was sent to Reina in the mail since she signed up for membership on some website. She was in the bathroom getting a shower when her phone buzzed. 

I picked it up to see an unknown number. I cautiously answered it. "Hello?" 

"Hey, is Reina there." a mans voice sounded from the other end. "She's...busy. Who is this?" I ask. 

"I'll just call her back later. Tell her that Murphy Crayton called." he said. Why was that dick calling Reina? "Okay." I hung up quickly and threw her phone on the nightstand when I heard the bathroom door unlocking. 

"Who were you talking to?" she asked, her body wrapped in a towel. I couldn't lie to her, she'd see that he called and may call him back. "Murphy Crayton." I said. 

"He called you?" her face turned white and she looked away. "No. He called you." I replied. "Oh." she rummaged threw her drawer trying to find something to wear, avoiding conversation. 

"Reina, what happened at that party?" I couldn't see her face. "Nothing. Nothing happened." she said. I could tell she was lying. "You're lying to me. What happened?" I asked again. 

"Nothing important! I was drunk." 

"You told me you hadn't been drinking. Reina, stop lying to me. Did you fuck him?" my voice is getting louder without me even trying. "No! I just danced with him and-" she stopped and turned back around quickly. 

I got up and grabbed her shoulder, spinning her around to face me. "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you lying to me? You don't trust me enough to tell me the truth." I was hurt and she was making me angry, letting the lies pile on. 

"I kissed him, okay!? I danced against him and I kissed him. Yes, I was drinking and I did lie to you." she admited, pushing me away. I sat down on the bed, not believing what she was saying. "How could you do this to me? To the baby? You could have hurt her!" I yelled. 

"I'm sorry! I can't take back what I did." she says, walking away from me. I grab her arm. "Reina, you're a whore." she looks hurt then angry. I'm glad. I want her to hurt, just once. 

"I'm a whore? At least I'm not the one who pretended to love someone who lost everything for you! I'm not the one who slept with someone else's girlfriend while I was waiting for you! Everything that has happened this past year has been for you. My whole life revolves around you and you call me a whore. You're such an asshole." she pushes past me and leaves my room. 

I follow her and pull her back into the room, her struggling and biting my hand. Luckily, my parents weren't home. "Stop touching me!" she yells when I set her down. "Listen to me!" I say, pushing her back down when she starts getting up. "You think I asked for all of this? It's not my fault that 'your whole world revolves around me'. From the begining, I have done so much shit for you and you don't even notice. I ran away with you when I didn't even love you because you wanted to! Everything has gone your way since we were together and I never get a 'thank you' and I'm not appreciated. Because of you, I have a reputation. People know that you're pregnant and then you go to a party and start dancing and kissing a guy you don't even know! People look at me and know that I got you pregnant. People look at me know that I'm a fucked up mess and a big part of it is because of you! Because of you, I had to grow up too fast. I have no friends except your friends and you. You know why? Because of my reputation. Because of you." I finally spit out the things that have been on my mind for too long. I want her to know how much she changed my life and not necessarily for the better. 

She doesn't say anything. "Luke Hemmings, I hate you." she gets up to leave, but this time I let her. I sit down on my bed, furious and hurt. I wish I could go back to where this all began and stopped it before it happened. I did love Reina, but maybe I was foolish to think that it'd be easy and that we'd be together forever. She has my child inside of her and because of that, I can't leave her. I can't walk away from this problem. The demon on my shoulder was telling me to just leave and let Calum be there for her. He was perfect for her. The angel on my shoulder was telling me that it'd work out and we'd live happily ever after. 

But this is reality. Not a fairy tale. 

Reina's P.O.V

I couldn't control myself any longer. I couldn't sit there and let him tell me that I had ruined his life. Yes, we had ruined each others lives, but we had to deal with it. I found myself walking next door to my house. I wasn't crying, I was just angry. 

Luke hadn't come after me. Was he so hurt that he couldn't or did he just not care? I sort of meant the words I said. I did hate him, but I loved him. It was confusing. I needed to stop and think this over. What would the realistic expectations be? Should I keep torturing myself by saying that it would get better and that'd we'd live happily ever after or should I let go of the whole thing and live my own life independantly? My first mistake was being so dependant on an almost eighteen year old boy. 

I could go back and live with my mother and tell her she was right all along. Maybe I'd be doing the best thing for both of us. Luke would no longer have to carry me and I could live freely. My mum, John, and Calum could help me raise Hollis and maybe I'd be happy. I'd be comfortable. 

The worst part of it all is that it took a small fight for me to realize that all along I was being foolish and unrealistic. Maybe someday. Not now. I needed a break from Luke, just to see if I could do it. Just to see what it's like. 

I hadn't realized that I had gone in my old house and up the stairs to my old room. A knock on my door startles me and my mum comes in. "Oh! I didn't even realize you came in. Are you okay?" Why did everyone always ask if I was okay? Why did I need to be okay all the time? 

"Yes." I lied to her. I didn't feel like talking to her about it. 

"Reina, I have news for you and you have a decision to make." she said, sitting next to me. "We've decided to sell the house and move back to Ireland." she said. "I know you have Luke here, but I really want you to come with us. If you don't like it, you can move back to Wendover with your.. baby." 

"Moving? Why are you moving?" I ask her, a little louder than I should. She had no idea why I was angry and I had no right to be toward her when she did nothing. 

"I've never felt like this place was truly home and John was offered a position back in Dublin. I've already talked to Calum about it and he doesn't want to leave you. I don't want to leave you, Rein. You're still my daughter." there was a pause before she said. "I'll give you time to think about it." and with that, she left quietly. 

The rest of the evening, I thought. I thought over my whole life since the time I met Luke. I made a mental list of pros and cons of moving back to Ireland. I could get the break I wanted, I could go back to my true home, but then I'd be away from Luke and it would ruin the chance of things working out. He wouldn't be there for the baby's birth in a just a few months, and everything would be different. But then she did say I could come back if I didn't like it. If things worked out, I'd go back with Luke and live with his parents, and if not.. if not, I'd stay behind with the ones that love me. 

I had made up my mind by the end of the night. 

I was going back to Ireland. 

A/N

oKAY wOW

This chapter is so dramatic and just. Wow. Do you think Reina is finally realizing that all along she was foolish? Should she stay behind with Luke or take a break?  And don't say "OMG MAKE HER CHANGE HER MIND AND THEM LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER WITH HOLLIS AND GET MARRIED AND THE END' because that isn't realistic and to me, it's very boring. 

Thank you for reading and I really hope you will like the plans I have for this book. But, it is true that this book is going to be ending soon. I know, I know, but it can't last forever and I have the perfect ending. I would love for this thing to reach 50k before it ends, which is A LOT to ask, but I think you can do it. 

LOVE LOVE LOVE