Chapter 11

I had to leave. I had to get away. Not to America, of course.

As much as I loved my father, I couldn't go with him. I know what needed to be done.

I needed to run away. I would have to tell Luke soon. My dad was leaving in the morning so I'd have to go tonight. I hope that Luke to agree to it with such sort notice.

I swallowed hard, my parents not saying anything more. "All of this...because of a boy?" I asked. It was ridiculous.

"No. That's only part of it. Your father has agreed to letting you stay with him just for a little while and then you can come and live with me, again. I don't know what's up with you. You have been depressed and swearing up the walls and disobeying me like its a choice. You just need some time to find yourself and maybe shaping up in America will help that." she says. Shaping up in America? Right. Isn't that the 'home of the brave and the land of the free'? Ha.

I just wanted to leave this kitchen. I hated it. I hated this whole damn house and I hated my parents...well, just my mom. I still can't believe that I brought my dad here to help me through this and now he's on her side and now they're both against me. I was definitely leaving this life and I wouldn't even miss it.

"Ok, whatever. I'll go pack." I said. I really was going to pack, just not for America. I left my parents and went upstairs and locked my door. I get out my largest suitcase and pack my closest belongings. I didn't have many personal things like family memories or pictures, because there weren't any.

As I'm packing, I get a text. It's from Calum.

"Hey, babe. What's up?" he asks.

"Just packing. Going to America with my dad in the morning :/" I reply. He didn't have to know the truth or else he'd tell someone.

"That's sick. Are you happy about it?" he responds quickly.

"No. Not at all. Gotta go." I say, blowing off the conversation. I keep glancing out my window to see if Luke is in his room. He passes by the window and I open mine.

"Luke!" I sort of yell. He comes to the window and opens it. "What's up?" he asks.

"I've decided...I want to go with you." I say.

"Are you sure?" he asks.

"Yes, but it needs to be tonight. My mom is punishing me by sending me to America with my dad tomorrow morning." I say, desperation in my voice. His expression changes completely.

"Oh, wow. Yeah, ok. What time tonight?" he asks.

"How about eleven? Can you be ready by then?" I honestly don't know where we'll go, I just needed to go somewhere and I wasn't worried because I'd be with Luke.

"We can take my car. How much money do you have?" he asks me.

I bite my lip and think about it. "I'll bring money." I say. I was planning on stealing it from the safe downstairs. We had a few thousand stored up in there and I would repay her once I came back...if I came back. Of course I'd come back. In two years, I'd come back and she couldn't hurt me or do anything to me. She'd forgive me at some time and we'd laugh it off years later.

"Ok, if you really want to do this...I'll be here for you. You won't ever be alone, Reina." he says. "You know, this window is too damn far away. I'd kiss you right now, if I could." he adds. I smile at how cheesy he was.

"Alright. I'll see you tonight Luke. I guess we'll go wherever the road takes us." I say. He smiles and closes the window. I do the same and finish packing. I throw my suitcase under my bed and take out a piece of paper. I'd have to write a note explaining what happened and when I'd be back.