Chapter 34

Reina's P.O.V

My mother's waiting eyes didn't leave mine. I don't know what she expected me to tell her when I told her that I needed to tell her something important. 

"Before I tell you.. I just want you know that.." I stopped, sighing. "That I love you. I've changed so much and I am strong. I'm going to be seventeen in a few weeks, and I know that seems young and you were around my age when you had me, but for the first time in forever, it seems, I'm happy. I just want you to know that before I tell you.. what I'm about to tell you." 

Her confused look softened into almost a blank expression. "Reina, are you..?" she didn't finish her sentence. I buried my face in my hands. "Yeah, Mum. I'm going to have a baby." I looked back up at her, trying to smile. 

I couldn't read her expression. "I knew this would happen. Oh Reina, I told you." tears welled in her eyes. "I told you." she fell to her knees on the carpet, in front of her chair. "Your life.. I tried so hard to keep you from what I had to go through." she looked deep into my eyes. I held her close to me. "I know. It's ok." I say. 

"I never wanted this to happen to you. So many nights after you left, I regretted keeping you from everything. I regretted the way that I sheltered you and because of that, you ran away from me. I only wanted what was best for you. You left and it broke my heart. Now look at you. Look at you." she sobs into my arm. For the first time, I realized that my mother wasn't the big monster that I made her out to be. She did all that she did to protect me and keep me from hurting myself and going what she's gone through. Now I was crying. I had been wrong.

"No, it was my choice. You can't blame yourself for my decisions." I whisper into her neck. 

"You have a baby? Reina, you really have a baby. Oh, god." she said, her voice muffled. She pulled away from me and glanced down at my stomach. "Oh, Reina."

"No, please. It's okay, mum. You have to believe that I can do this. Luke isn't leaving me. He-" I was interrupted. "Luke. He's the father. He did this to you." her fists clenched. 

"Mum! Please listen to me! Luke and his family have supported me. I was so scared to tell you, mum. I was scared you'd...hurt me or him." I admited. A look of realization and concern struck her face. "You thought I'd hurt you?" her voice barely above a whisper. "I'm.. not a monster. Baby, I'm your mother." 

"I know. I'm so sorry. I was too selfish." I stand up, pulling her up with me and we sit in the loveseat. My mother's sobs ceased and she dried her tears. "How far along are you?" she asked. "Almost eighteen weeks. We still aren't sure if it's a boy or girl yet, and.." I stopped. "What?" she questioned. "The baby is going to be born blind." 

"Oh." is all she said. She didn't know what to say. "My cousin was born blind. You wouldn't know it though. She ran around and played just like other kids. Everything will be fine." she assured, though I know she wasn't too sure herself. 

Calum came down the stairs and then saw me. "Oh, Reina. I didn't know you were here." he noticed our dried teary faces and looked confused. "Is everything ok?" he asked. I nodded. "I told her." his eyes widened. "Oh. Well I'll just be leaving you two then." 

"He knew?" my mum asked me. I nodded guiltily. "Did everyone know except me?" 

"My dad." Calum responded. "I told Calum because Luke was.. away at the moment and I needed to stay here before the wedding. Luke told his parents and that's why we're staying there." I answered. 

"I see." she shortly replied. "I'm going to dinner with Vivian. I should be back by ten tonight at the latest." he smiled before grabbing his coat and leaving. 

"So tell me, what will you name the baby?" she smiled pitifully and rested her chin in her fingers. "Hollis if it's a girl and Caspar if it's a boy." I said. "You know, you have it better than I did. My mum kicked me out when she found out I was pregnant and I didn't have anyone there for me except your father and he was hardly with me. You have hands holding you from every direction." my mum looked in my eyes and smiled, but this smile was real. She pulled me close and hugged me. 

"I love you." she whispers. 

__________

A/n

Ridiculously short chapter, I know. This is to make up for the crap chap I published earlier. NOW YOU HAVE TWO CRAP CHAPS! YAYA!

So next chapter will be finding out the gender of the baby! My dad just got home so I must go and can't write anymore. 

LOVE LOVE LOVE