The First Date

This is the sequel to Meet 'N' Greet.

~~Jack's POV~~

I stare at the price of paper in my hand. I have been contemplating calling him for ages and now I have decided to finally do it. I grab my phone and punch in the number. The contact says 'Mark ❤'.

It rings for what seems like forever before a familiar voice says: "Hello?"

"Hi Mark...it's me...Sean."

"From The Walking Dead?" he laughs loudly and I chuckle with him.

"Nah. S'me!"

"I know Sean. I'm so glad you called. I was thinking about checking the yellow pages to find you..." I can feel heat rush to my cheeks.

"Awe...I knew you would miss me!" I sit on the sofa and prepare myself for what's going to come. "So hey, the reason I called it that I wanted to ask if well, you don't have to or anything but in case you do want to I'm going to ask. But you don't have to answer..."

"Sean...just say it!" he chuckles.

"Okay. I wondering if you would like to come on a second date with me?" I ask, tripping over my words.

"Can you say that again?"

"Will you come on a date with me?"

"Just one more time...I keep missing it."

"Will you-" then the penny drops. "MARK! You're so annoying!"

"I know. Sure I will. When's easiest?" I grab a pen and paper.

"Uh...tomorrow?" I ask and scribble down some notes. They say: 'tomorrow?' And then 'dinner?' or 'Cinema?'

"Sure. I'll take you out for a coffee?"

"Yeah. But I'm taking you!" I insist that I take him. I already feel in his debt. This is just gonna make it worse.

"No you're not!" he says, completely monotone.

"Yes I am!" I yell and hang up. I then sit there for an hour, smiling like a goofball and running my hands through my hair. YES! YES! YES! Geez, I'm so weird...

-Time Skip (To an hour before da coffee)--

'What am I gonna wear? Jeans? T-shirt? Shorts? Ugh...!' I think and throw out clothes from my wardrobe.

He's coming to pick me up in and hour and I am NOT ready. I have no clothes on, only boxers and I look half dead from staying up too late last night, trying to sleep. Eventually, I decide on a blue hoodie that fits snugly, it's a little small though and skinny blue jeans. They are faded from so many washes though. I look awful! He'll never wanna take me out to the public again...or take me out at all.

"Okay okay okay! I can do this!" I prep talk myself and try to calm my anxiety. Which I suffer with pretty badly...another downside of being me...

I grab my phone and wallet from my bedside table and shove them in my butt pockets. All ready. A knock on the door later and I am sat in his car, grinning like the biggest goofball at seeing him again. He looks so much better than me. He's wearing a checked shirt that has pastel blues and oranges on it and the most crisp and clean blue jeans. He looks so much better than I do. He actually looks almost decent and human. Ugh!!!

~~Mark's POV~~

He looks amazing in the hoodie, let's just say it doesn't leave much to my imagination with how tight it is. And the skinny jeans just look good on anyone anyways. Especially on him.

"So...how's life treatin' ya?" I ask, trying to spark conversation.

"Okay I guess. What about you?"