Silence Is Golden

~~3rd Person POV~~

The only sound in the room was heavy breathing and the TV programme. Supernatural was Mark and Jack's favourite past time, especially when all of the characters are almost models. But still, they weren't as beautiful as they were to each other.

Someone had to break the unnerving silence soon, surely? The only problem was that...Jack couldn't do it.

He didn't speak. He hasn't for 19 years. Now, sign language was the only communication that passed between him and other people. The backstory being that many years of bullying, name calling, abuse, hitting and threatening because of his accent and general shy nature had changed him. He was afraid of what other people thought of his voice. Afraid if what they'd call him if they heard his accent.

Only close friends and family knew how to talk to him, Mark was definitely one of them. After living in with Jack, he had to learn it fluently. He knew the basics, but how was he meant to speak to Jack without knowing his 'language'?

Jack really couldn't have asked for a better, more supportive boyfriend. Mark just wanted to be there for him. Take care of his fragile partner.

Sadly, the older man has only heard his boyfriends voice once. And only once. And, to this day, he still swears it's the most amazing, gorgeous, fantastic thing he'd ever heard. And as much as he wants to hear it again, if Jack feels uncomfortable in himself that way, Mark will be there to help and support him. No matter what.

After a few tedious minutes of long, pressuring silence, it was time to do something.

"Jack? Are you okay?" Mark muttered, running his large hands through his significant other's curly green locks softly. His reply was a brisk head nod. "You sure?"

"Yes Mark." Jack signed to Mark, sleepiness kicking in.

"Okay them baby..." his short attention span was occupied with the television programme again. Silence clouded the room for the second time.

You know how they say after three seconds a silence goes from an uncomfortable, awkward experience to a comforting, relaxing silence? Well, the two males in the room didn't even have to wait that long for the comfort to kick in. They were so used to quiet in their relationship that noise that would annoy other people would be relished. Appreciated if anything.

Mark had tried to persaude Jack to talk countless amounts of times. Tried to make him feel comfortable in himself. But no matter how hard he tried, he would try until he was blue in the face if that's what it took to make Jack feel better, Jack just wouldn't. He couldn't.

"C'mere babe. Can I have a little kiss?" the older man chuckled, patting his lap.

"Yes, you cutie!" Jack smiled and moved to the position he was being motioned to sit. Straddling Mark's waist and wrapped his hands around Mark's shoulders softly and buried his head into his broad chest sleepily.

"I love you so much baby...you don't even know..." Mark whispered into the Irishman's ear, causing a large ripple to shudder through his spine.

"Me too," he replied, somehow finding the energy to move his hands.

"Are you tired?" Mark wondered aloud, running his hands through Jacks hair again comfortingly.

"Yes Mark. Are you?" he replied, looking up into Mark's eyes. The warm chocolate brown of them sent a huge wave of safety through him. He knew he could be who he wanted to with Mark. And that he wouldn't judge for his silence. Mark was all and more he could've ever asked for.

"Not really..." the older replied, getting lost in his boyfriend's eyes. The mesmerising shade of blue capturing his attention. They were mainly aqua, but had little baby blue and navy blue sparks in them. For even though he wouldn't talk, his eyes sometimes were the only communication people needed with him.