Tinder

~~3rd Person POV~~

Jack didn't know what made his join Tinder. Maybe the loneliness, maybe the crazy spontinuity of the whole situation appealed to him. But, for no matter what reason, there he sat. In his gaming chair. With his phone. Swiping through Tinder.

Seeing as Jack was gay, he saw many pictures of men. Ranging from tall, short, fat, skinny, hairy, bald and even emo. However, not one of them struck Jack as attractive.

Until he saw Mark Edward Fischbach's Tinder page.

Gorgeous hazel eyes to match his tanned complexion. Fire-truck red hair that floofed on his head like a huge poofy candyfloss heap. Sculpted and well-built body that made Jack's mouth water and eyes widen my just looking.

Instantaneously, he swiped 'Hot' and, to his greatest surprise, they started to chat as Mark deemed Jack 'Hot' too. Hands shaking, mind burning, Jack typed the first word.

Jack: Hi!

Mark: Hey!

Jack: How are you?

Mark: Good thanks. How are you?

Jack: Amazing...

Mark: Like your hair then?

Jack: I think I could say the same about you!! XD

After two hours of harmless flirting and information-seeking, the two found out each others: full name, country, sexuality, kinks and various other interesting conversation topics.

Needless to say that they liked each other. Like, a lot. Jack thought that Mark was so captivating and (frankly) absolutely freaking gorgeous.

Jack: It's 3 am now. Imma go to bed. Night!

Mark: Goodnight sweetheart, sleep well! 😘

Sweetheart...

The word tumbled around Jack's mind all of the night (or rather morning) as he analysed every last aspect of how it could be meant. Did it mean that Mark liked him? Or was he joking? Being flirtatious?

Jack didn't know, but he soon was going to find out!

'---'

In the morning, the Irishman woke up to his familiar alarm song: "All The Way." (of course) and practically sprung out of bed. Checking his phone immediately for any sign of contact from Mark again. Only to find his notifications panel empty.

His sedated morning-brain failed to put two and two together and realise that Mark was in America, he wouldn't be awake yet.

So, he spent half the morning panicking that Mark had lost all interest. He ate his toast in suspense and drank his coffee in apprehension. Until half way through an intense game of Overwatch, his phone buzzed.

A new message? From Mark?! Back was positively over-the-moon and replied back almost instantly.

Mark: Hey babe, how did you sleep?

Jack: Great thank you. How about you?

Mark: Not that well. Been thinking about you all night...:)

Jack: You have...?

Jack: So have I...

Mark: Glad to see it's not just me then. :)

Jack: Phew...I thought you were gonna think I wuz some sorta creep!

Mark: Nah, you're too cute to be creepy.

At this comment, Jack blushes deeply. He had never been called cute and he finally felt like his relationship was going somewhere with someone.

Every relationship he'd ever had, he'd ruined with his overwhelming anxiety issues. Maybe they'd go out for a pint without him and he would automatically presume that they were cheating on him. Where did they stay all night? What were they doing?

But Mark....seemed different.

In the following months that passed of then talking, Jack had left Tinder, got his phone number, called him, Skyped him and had fell in love with him unconditionally. It didn't matter that his anxiety was nibbling at his subconscious. It didn't matter that his ex-boyfriend tried to reconnect with him several times.

He had Mark and that's all he needed. Ever...

-----

Thanks for reading.
Love you guys.
Zak xx