Chapter 2: We Don't Bite

Emma

I'm not sure how long I've been asleep for and it took me a minute to remember where I was when I found myself in a room that was unfamiliar to me. The setting sun glowing through the window next to my side of the bed made it impossible for me to fall back asleep. I glanced at my phone to see that it's eight o'clock. Twelve hours, that's how long I've been knocked out for.

Rubbing the drowsiness from my eyes I got out of bed and trudged my way to the kitchen. Niall said to help myself to anything in here so I took up his offer by making a cuppa and a bowl of cereal. Sitting myself down at the bar in the kitchen, I began eating as I tried to wake up. I can honestly say that I hate jet lag.

"Look at who's finally awake," I heard a low voice from behind me.

"Me," I replied with a mouthful of cereal. A low chuckle laughed at my response.

"Jet lag is a pain isn't it," Harry said as he walked past me and rummaged through the cabinets looking for something.

"Without a doubt, no offence, but what are you doing at Niall's?" I asked as I brought another spoonful up to my mouth.

"We're watching movies, you're welcome to join. I promise they won't bite," Harry glanced at me over his shoulders.

I shifted my gaze to the frosted flakes that were floating in my bowl. "What about you?" I asked.

"Now that I can't promise," he replied cheekily. I could tell a smirk had made its way to his face so I just rolled my eyes at his remark.

"Whatever, Styles."

"On a last name basis now are we? Do tell me yours," he asked. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him lean against the counter beside me.

"Sanders, now can I eat in peace, please?"

"I don't know. Can you?"

"Go away, Harry," I snapped at him.

I turned my face so I could look him in the eyes. His eyes widened a fraction when he saw the anger in my features. Serves him right, I was tired and he was annoying me. Without another word he stood up and left the kitchen with a bag of chips in one massive hand and a bottle of water in the other. As soon as he was gone, Natalie skipped in.

"Hey babe!" she said happily. "Sleep well?"

"I'm less tired then before if that counts," I said as I turned back to my cereal.

"Don't worry, your body will adjust soon enough," she said as she opened the refrigerator.

"How are you not like, dead tired?" I questioned.

"Honestly I have no clue. I think I'm just too happy to be tired."

"Because you finally get to spend all your time with Niall," I concluded.

"Definitely. I don't know, Em. It's crazy, this is crazy. I can't explain how happy I feel right now," she said with such joy that I couldn't help but feel happy with her.

"I'm glad, Nat. You deserve this after everything you've had to go through in life," I said looking up at my best friend.

Natalie looked across at me, and I could see her eyes glisten from my seat. I quickly got off of my stool and rushed to her, scooping her up in my arms. She hugged me back as tightly as she could.

"Hey, listen to me. No crying unless they're cheerful tears," I told her. Natalie laughed lightheartedly and gave me a squeeze before pulling away.

"Don't worry, they are," she promised me as she wiped a stray one away. "Are you done eating?"

I looked back into my bowl of mushy cereal. Sticking my tongue out to exaggerate my distaste, I took the bowl and set it in the sink. Natalie laughed again at my antics.