Chapter 9: Love Drunk

Harry

My knee bounced under the table as I waited impatiently. I couldn't stop jumping in my seat every time someone new walked through the door, hoping that it was Emma. We were meeting for coffee and tea at our little cafe, the one we've met at at least twice this week already.

Emma has gradually been allowing herself to get more comfortable around me and the other lads. She doesn't always need Anna or Natalie to be there to have a good laugh with us. Now she can crack some of her own jokes or hold a relatively open conversation with any of us. It's been like this ever since her and Anna got stranded at the studio with us last week.

Time is just flying by these past two months. It's nearing the end of July already. Which only proves just how fast August is going to fly by and soon enough the girls are going to have to go back to America. Niall will be devastated because he won't be able to be with Natalie every moment anymore. Me, well I'll be terribly upset because any progress I'm making with Emma could possibly be undermined by the distance. I don't want to have to go back to square one. That would royally suck.

"Earth to Harry," Emma's voice chimed as she waved a hand in front of my face.

"Emma, oh my gosh. How long have you been sat down? I didn't notice, I was lost in thought. I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Not very long, and I didn't say anything sooner because it was funny watching you deep in thought," she giggled, her already bright blue eyes lit up even more.

A smile spread across my lips easily at the sound of her soft laughter. Emma looked beautiful in her blue jeans and deep purple sweater, with only mascara to highlight her eyes. Such a simple look, yet it took my breath away.

"I already ordered your regular cup of coffee," I told her.

"What if I wanted to be adventurous and have tea today?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Did you want tea? I can go change your order if you'd like," I offered, the words tumbling out of my mouth.

"It's fine, Harry. Coffee is plenty good," she laughed easily.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," she reassured me.

"Okay, so how are you this afternoon?"

"I'm...good, I guess? I'm still undecided."

"Undecided about what? Whether today is going to be a good day or not?" I chuckled.

"Exactly," she smiled cutely.

"Do explain," I encouraged her.

"Well I woke up feeling refreshed, and made myself a good breakfast. Then I watched some telly and read a little. Nothing to exciting, and nothing to really make my day good."

"Ah, but your here now. Maybe our coffee and tea will make your day good."

"Maybe," she said quietly.

An easy silence fell over us until our drinks arrived a minute later and we began chatting about other things.

"What kind of tea did you get?" she asked me, eyeing my cuppa.

"Pomegranate, I believe. I just ordered the special of the day," I said shrugging my shoulders. "You're welcome to try it."

"You sure?" she asked as she slowly reached out for my mug.

"You don't have cooties do you?" I asked with a playful smirk.

"Of course I do, I'm a girl," she said, a smirk of her own toying with her lips.