Chapter 6: Do You Trust Me?

Emma

"I knew just from the tone of her voice that she was lying through her teeth. How could Jimmy of all people do that to sweet, little Natalie? That girl could hardly defend herself against Andrew!" I nearly shouted as I paced around Harry's living room. Both him and Anna were seated on one of his couches.

We had all followed Niall into Liam's flat, remaining hidden as we listened in on their conversation along with Liam and Zayn. Louis was the only one missing.

"Wait, so Jimmy raped Natalie?" Harry asked slowly.

"Yes!" I said exasperated.

"But she said-"

"SHE LIED," I turned to yell at him.

Harry was taken aback by my response, and I felt bad for yelling at him but I'm upset. Sue me for not stopping to apologize.

"I'm going to go see if Louis is up yet," Harry said after he cleared his throat. I watched quietly as he stood up and walked out of his own apartment.

"There you go again, being rude to Harry," Anna scolded me.

"I didn't mean it, I'm obviously upset. Harry understands," I retorted in a level tone.

"Maybe so, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt him any less."

"Would you give it a rest? Harry doesn't see me as anything more than a friend. Which I'm perfectly fine with since I don't see him as more than a friend either."

"You're blind," Anna said as she picked at her nails, bored.

"You're changing the subject! Why wouldn't Natalie tell us about Jimmy?"

"Why wouldn't you tell us about Vick those first six months? Because you were still trying to deal with it yourself. So is Natalie, she is just trying to figure out how she should handle this. Jimmy was the only guy she'd gotten close to since Jake died up until Niall came along. Natalie just needs time," Anna said plainly.

"Would you keep your mouth shut about Vick? I don't need any of the boys questioning me about him. It's hard enough to talk to Carmichael without getting walked in on by one of them," I said as I pulled my hair out of its bun, finger combing the snarls out of it.

"Yeah, sorry. Do you want to come check on her with me?"

"Nah, I'm gonna grab a shower. You go ahead," I told Anna.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later babe," Anna said as she left me alone in Harry's living room.

I left for Niall's apartment a minute later. Once there I grabbed my things for a quick shower. Making my way to the bathroom, I passed the front door right as it opened. Harry was there and worry was written all over his features.

"What's wrong, Harry?" I asked him.

"Natalie took off. She exploded at Liam and just left. None of us know where she went and she doesn't have her phone."

"She's all alone in London?" I asked quietly. He just nodded his head solemnly. "W-we have to find h-her. She could get hurt, Harry. She c-could get hurt again. Not Natalie, anyone but her," I said shaking my head trying to deny the fact that my best friend was out there all alone.

Harry quickly walked in and pulled me into a tight embrace. I took in a deep breath to try and calm myself down, and was enveloped in his mind spinning, musky scent.

"Niall and Liam are already out looking for her.They will find her," Harry said trying to keep me calm as well.

"What if she-"