Chapter 15: Bullied

Emma

"Harry, why are you crying?" I asked him a second time as I wiped away his tears.

"Because I'm not good enough. Because I'm not a good singer. Because I'm a man-whore that objectifies women. Because I'm not a ginger," he told me, his voice growing softer as he spoke.

Tears were escaping his beautiful green eyes and it was breaking my heart. Without thinking, I hugged Harry tightly around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder. Harry hugged me back like his life depended on it.

"You are more than good enough. You are a fantastic singer, I get goosebumps every time you sing. You are the sweetest guy in the entire world and it's a shame that others can't see that. And who cares if you aren't a ginger?"

"But... you seemed to open up to Ed so quickly. You were laughing, and he's your new best friend, you said. And I kind of thought you liked him," Harry sniffled.

"Haz," I sighed, pulling away from Harry's embrace. "Any ginger I meet will automatically become my new best friend. I love gingers in general, boys and girls alike. And not like that you cheeky ass," I giggled when Harry wiggled his eyebrows at me playfully.

"With Ed, he just... he gets it. He has this way about him that makes it easier for me to open up to him. But just because he is ginger doesn't mean that he'll replace any other guy I may like."

"Do you like someone?" Harry asked, a saddening look washed over his face that somehow held a glimmer of hope.

Of course I like someone, and that someone happens to be standing right in front of me. But I can't tell Harry that. Not ever, because then he will want to date and I can't have a boyfriend. I'm in enough trouble with Carmichael as it is just by being here in London. He'd kill me if I got into a relationship. Not to mention what would happen if Vick ever found out and eventually in some way he would.

"No," I lied straight to Harry's face. "Not at the moment."

"Not at the moment," he repeated in a whisper, his green eyes staring straight into my blue ones.

I swear it was like he was trying to stare right into my soul, and he was succeeding at it. The way he was looking at me was making my heart beat harder in my chest and I was becoming fearful that he might be able hear it.

"What do you look for in a lad?" Harry asked in a hoarse whisper, his head tilted to the side as he brushed his fingers gently across my cheek as he moved a stray strand of hair out of my eyes. I tried to suppress the shudder his touch induced.

"I, um, anything I guess," I gulped nervously.

"Anything, hmm," he hummed as his hand fell to his side.

"Uh, we were, we were talking about you. Where did you get those ideas from about you not being a good singer, uh?" I stuttered as I tried to change the subject.

Harry looked away for a split second before answering my question, "Twitter."

I walked around Harry and quickly jogged into his room. Locking the door behind me before Harry could slip in behind me.

"Em, what are you doing?" Harry sighed.

"Nothing you need concern yourself with," I said as I looked around the room for his laptop.

Spotting it on his desk, I walked over to it. The top was already open indicating it was only in sleep mode. Tapping my finger on the mouse pad, I got the screen to light up quickly and without requiring a password to access the laptop. A sad smile reached my lips as I saw that Harry left the tab with Twitter open. After reading a couple of those hateful comments he had mentioned, I couldn't handle it anymore. I had to look away and take a deep breath to calm down.