Chapter 12: Maybe They Were Right

Harry

I loath the early morning interviews. They are absolutely the worst. Having to get up at six in the morning so I can go and promote our music isn't the most fun thing I get to do, but in the end it's worth it I s'pose. Besides the interviews are usually fun so it makes up for getting up at such an early hour. I feel bad for Emma though. She has never had to wake up so early for something like this before, and she looks utterly exhausted. I hope she is able to get some sleep in the twenty minutes it takes to get to the radio station.

"I feel like a zombie," Emma said, rubbing at her eyes for the fifth time in the past two minutes.

"Did you stay up and talk to whoever it was that had called you?" I asked as I took a sip of the tea from my mug.

"Yeah," she said, a faint smile forming on her lips. "For quite awhile actually. I didn't go back to bed until around five."

She only got another hour of sleep? No wonder she feels like a zombie. The call came in at two in the morning and we hadn't gone to bed until midnight.

"Who was it?" I asked hoping for an answer.

"An old friend that I haven't heard from in ages," she said rolling her head to look at me. Of course she hadn't given me a straight forward answer, she seems to be infamous for them.

When I looked into her stunning blue eyes, I was a bit surprised. They held a look that I could have sworn that I had seen before but apparently hadn't. It was genuine happiness. So who was this mystery caller that made her so happy? It couldn't have been whoever Carmichael was because usually Emma is a bit more reserved after talking with him. Now, she is happy and more care free. It has to be somebody different.

Emma was still staring at me with her beautiful blue eyes and for a moment I wondered if she fell asleep with her eyes open. She looked away a few seconds later when her phone started going off in her purse with the same ring tone that played last night. A bright smile lit up her face as she dug out her phone. I watched as her eyes flitted over the screen and she began typing back a response immediately.

And that is how she spent the next hour; staring at her phone acting as if I didn't exist. It wasn't until Jack, the guy interviewing me at the radio station, mentioned her name that she looked away from her phone.

"So is that the famous Emma that everyone is talking about?" Jack asked as he looked over to Emma who had been sitting in the corner.

"Yes, that would be Emma," I said with a half smile.

"What about me?" Emma asked confusedly as she looked up from her phone.

"Hello Emma, my name is Jack. It is a pleasure to meet you," Jack introduced himself, holding out a hand for her to shake. Emma slowly stood up and walked over, cautiously taking his hand in hers and giving it a small shake.

"Hello," she said in a quiet voice.

"Do you mind if I ask you a few questions that I am sure Directioners are just dying to have answered?" Jack asked her, trying to make her feel comfortable.

"Uh, sure I guess," she replied, slipping her phone into her back pocket.

"Why don't you take a seat next to Harry here, and put those headphones on like we've got," Jack smiled. Emma did as she was instructed and fixed her mic so the listeners could hear her better.

"Emma, why don't you say hello to all of our listeners out there and we'll get this started."

"Um, hi everyone... I'm Emma," she said a little shyly.