Chapter 28: Stay With Me

Emma

I wiped away the tears that wouldn't stop falling.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, Justin," I mumbled into my phone. "For the past eight months waking up has actually hurt."

"What else can I tell you that I haven't said before, Emma?" Justin sighed.

"Tell me I made the right decision."

"No, I won't lie to comfort you," he told me honestly.

"I know," I choked on the words as I tried to get myself to stop crying.

"Emma, sweetie, call him and admit that you made a mistake or fly to wherever he is. Get him to take you back."

"Justin you know I can't.."

"Bitch, please. Yes you can, you're just scared that you'll open yourself up and things won't work out in the end," he told me, knowing fully well that he was speaking the truth. He always knew me better than anyone else, even myself.

I didn't know what to say next so I didn't say anything. Justin sighed and I could easily envision him running a hand over his face.

"Babe, look, Vick isn't going to be able to kill anyone any time soon. Not with the lifetime sentence he was given at the trial. Harry will be fine. So do everyone a favor and ask the poor guy to be your boyfriend."

I looked out to the ocean, watching the waves crash against the shore. "Okay," I finally agreed. "But if everything goes to shit I'm blaming you."

"Wouldn't have it any other way, darling. Now go on and get with your guy. I'm rooting for you."

"Bye Justin... and thanks."

"You're welcome. I love you."

"You too. Bye."

"Bye."

I dug my toes into the sand and began wiggling them until they reappeared, which never took very long. Do I call Harry? Or do I show up randomly in London? I can't make up my mind. I guess it couldn't hurt to call and if he doesn't answer I can fly to London once I save up some money.

I bit my lip and pulled up Harry's contact information on my phone. I tapped the screen over his number and watched as it rang. Holding it up to my ear, I waited.

"Hello, you've reached my voice mail. I'm sorry I couldn't get to my mobile in time to catch your call. Please do leave me a message, I'll give you a shout as soon as I'm free. Thank you, goodbye." Harry's voice recording sounded.

My chest tightened knowing that he more than likely ignored my call. It's early afternoon in London. I'm nearly positive he isn't doing anything, Natalie is visiting Niall and he has time off. So I called her next.

"Hey, Emma. What's up?" she answered right away.

When she's off visiting Niall, we don't call or text unless it's an emergency. Long distance fees are a bitch to pay. So she knows something is up.

"Do... do you know what Harry is up to?" I asked hesitantly. "I tried calling him and he didn't answer."

"You called Harry?" she asked utterly surprised.

"Emma called Harry?" I heard Niall ask in the near background.

"Yes, I called Harry. I... I've had a change of heart regarding some things, okay? Will you answer my question please?"

"Uh, yeah, Harry is asleep. Has been all day."

"How come?" I asked.

"He was out drinking last night and didn't come home until three am. So he's sleeping off hid hangover," Natalie explained.