Chapter 5: A Night To Remember

Emma

"So, you aren't sure if it will be a unanimous vote," I repeated Carmichael's words.

"Not any more, I'm sorry Emma. He somehow managed to pull the sympathy card," Carmichael told me morosely.

"But he-" I started, but cut myself off knowing that it wouldn't do me any good to yell about something that was out of my control. "It's okay Car, we'll beat him anyways."

"There's the spirit, Emma. I'll call you again next week, same day and time unless something comes up."

"Okay sounds good. Goodbye Carmichael," I replied.

"Bye Emma."

I ended the call and locked my phone. Sighing, I got up from my side of the bed and walked out to the living room looking for something to cheer me up. Things just haven't been going well lately and I could really use a pick-me-up.

Making myself comfortable on the couch, I flipped through the endless amount of channels looking for anything interesting. Seeing as how it was the middle of the afternoon nothing good was on yet. I'd have to wait an hour for anything decent. Groaning in protest to my boredom I picked a random channel and just left it there.

"This show isn't any good," a voice said from the entryway. I looked up and saw Harry leaning against the wall watching the lame TV show that was on the screen.

"I know and I've only seen three minutes of it," I agreed.

"Than why not watch something you enjoy?" Harry asked.

"Nothing better is on. I have to wait an hour for an episode of Doctor Who."

"You like that show too?"

"Natalie and I watch it religiously," I smiled slightly.

"What about Anna; is she a Doctor Who fan?" Harry asked as he moved closer, sitting on the love seat.

"Not really," I shrugged. "What about you?"

"I like it but I'm not obsessed. I don't have much time to watch the telly," he answered.

"I suppose if you are always at the studio or on tour," I commented.

"Don't forget about promos, photo shoots, interviews and a few random gigs thrown in here and there," he added on.

"Damn, but I guess it's all worth it though. You get to live your dream."

"It is worth it most of the time. The only time I wouldn't mind having my old life back is when the rumors become too much, or I get more hate than normal," Harry shrugged and looked at his hands in his lap.

"That's one thing I would never be able to stand; people hating me for absolutely no reason. It's just stupid and simple minded. I mean, it's your life not theirs. You should be able to do what you want without those kinds of repercussions but because your life is in the public eye, every single thing you do is scrutinized to the very last detail. And it's not like they know you personally, so how can they possibly know what you are actually like. So what if you go out on different dates with a new girl every week? It's not like you are whoring around with them. You're just not finding the one that catches your eye, that's all it is. I'm rambling and ranting right now aren't I?" I asked Harry after I realized just how long I had been talking.

"Yes you are, and you are very correct," Harry laughed. "But still their words hurt more than they should some days. I've been in the public eye for three years now and you would think I'd have a tougher skin."

"It doesn't matter how long you've been in the public eye or not. Hateful words hurt, and I don't care who you are or what you say, hate affects everyone to some degree."