Chapter 11: Welcome to Paris

Harry

"Maybe we shouldn't have let Niall go. Management is going to be pissed when they find out he's not coming to this meeting with us," Liam said as he pulled into the car park.

"It will be fine. I doubt management wants him for anything. My guess is this meeting has to do with the album cover or something small like that," Louis comforted Liam.

"I hope so. I'd hate for the poor lad to get into trouble."

"We'd all hate that. I mean, this is Niall's first real relationship in the three years we've all been together," Zayn added.

"Yeah, it's about time the lad got a girl," I added quietly as I got out of the car.

"Everything okay, Harry?" Louis asked me. I nodded my head silently not really wanting to talk much. "You haven't said much of anything since Niall left. Are you sure?"

"Everything is fine, I s'pose," I spoke quietly again.

"Okay, have you talked to Emma? She seems a bit off lately," he asked as we reached the doors.

"No," I answered solemnly.

Louis didn't say anything after that, but he sent me worried glances every twenty seconds. It was rather annoying. He had to know there was something bad going on between Emma and I. Neither of us were really talking to anyone. Emma stayed at Niall's all day yesterday, only talking to Anna if she talked at all. I went over to Liam's but I didn't goof off as much as I usually do.

As the four of us sat down in the meeting room we could already see that Ken and Joan weren't too pleased when they saw that Niall was not with us.

"Where is Niall?" Ken asked, with a tone of slight annoyance.

"Probably in America by now," Louis stated bluntly.

"Why would he be in America?" Joan asked.

"To go and take care of his girlfriend, Natalie, like he had wanted to previously this week," Liam spoke up.

"That boy needs to learn that his job must come first, not some random girl he met," Ken muttered to Joan.

"His job has come first for the past three years! Natalie is the first girl that really caught his eye and she is not 'some random girl' as you so very much like to portray her as. I admit they way they met was quite unusual but by the time they had started dating the had gotten to know one another and had been friends for a couple of months.

"And maybe, if for once in your life you would actually listen to Niall when he is talking to you, you would realize that Natalie means the world to him. He would do anything for that girl and you need to understand and respect that. Him having a girlfriend and flying out to take care of her isn't any different from the rest of us going and doing the same thing. You are just being arses about it because it's Niall, and quite honestly him having a girlfriend is a rare thing and you'd rather him not be in a relationship!" I said, my anger rising faster than any time before.

"You are right in the fact that him going to see his girlfriend isn't any different from one of you going and doing the same, but what upsets us is that he didn't check in with us first to make sure it is okay. Niall needs to respect the fact that his work is more important-" Ken said before I cut him off.

"No, it isn't. Not every minute of every day, not ever. And he did come and talk to you but you turned him down. So when he received a distressed call from the love of his life he chose to ignore you. Get the fuck over it," I roared as Ken made me angrier with his flimsy excuse of an argument.