Epilogue

They say you don't see love coming, and that it will come at the most unexpected point in your life. I can wholeheartedly agree with whomever said that first. Because I never believed I'd find someone who would fight for me the way Harry does.

It's been six months since I tried to push him away and miserably failed. Six wonderful months of Harry being dorky, persuasive, cheeky, adorable and all around a great guy. He's constantly reminding me how much he loves me and the one thing that I absolutely love about him is that it doesn't bother him whether I say those three words back to him or not. Because some days, I honestly don't know if I do or not. But deep down in my heart I know that is only the part of me that is still trying to protect him from the things that are no longer an issue in my life. And he knows it too which certainly helps.

His patience for me is astounding and I could never be more grateful for anyone in my life. He is my rock and he keeps me grounded. He's my superhero, he saves me from myself.

"Emma, kitten! We're here!" Harry called into my apartment.

Natalie looked up from her laptop, carefully throwing it onto the couch beside her. A large smile similar to the one I am wearing spread across her face. "They're here!" she squealed.

Together we bolted to the front hallway where Niall and Harry were standing. We respectively attacked our boyfriends with hugs and showered them in kisses. It had been two months since we saw them last.

"All right, c'mon the lads are waiting in the van!" Niall ushered us out the door, remembering to lock the door behind us.

"I don't have my keys or purse, babe," Natalie looked behind her at our front door.

"We are taking care of everything for tonight, and Niall has his own key remember? So no worries," Harry assured Nat.

"Oh, right," Natalie blushed a little embarrassed.

"Why don't you just dye your hair blond, Natty? I mean your personality and memory span fit the description perfectly," I teased her as Niall opened the van door for us, and we climbed up into the middle row of seats.

"Ha ha, you're hilarious Emma," she rolled her eyes, but there was a smile plastered on her face so I know she didn't take me seriously. "But truthfully, I have been thinking about it..."

Harry turned around in the passenger seat which was right in front of me. "Speaking of keys, how come I don't have one yet?" he asked, sounding a bit more serious than he usually does when he's trying to be serious.

"I don't know, the thought of making you one hadn't crossed my mind before," I answered after a brief pause.

"Oh, I understand, I mean we've only been dating for six months and it seems a bit soon-"

"Harry, shut up," I leaned forward and kissed him.

"No smooching while the vehicle is in motion, and Harry turn around," Louis instructed from the driver's seat.

"You're just jealous my beautiful girlfriend is here and I get to kiss her," Harry bragged.

"Eleanor has classes to graduate from, she can't just skip this close to the end of her final year," Louis defended himself.

"Relax mate, we all know," Niall said from behind me.

A second later my phone buzzed in my back pocket. Pulling it out, I entered my password and opened my messages.

Harry: Why did you tell me to shut up and then kiss me?

Emma: Shut up Harry, you'll ruin the surprise ;)

Harry: I'M GETTING A KEY?!  :D

Emma: Spoilers are no fun :P

"I love you, babe," Harry spun around in his seat again, a large goofy smile making his dimples crease deeply into his cheeks making him look like a little kid.

"Whatever," I laughed ruffling his mop of long hair.

Harry gave me a wink and turned forwards, continuing whatever conversation he had held previously with Louis before running in to get Natalie and myself. I sat there, just listening to him talk becoming hypnotized by the way his lips and voice wrapped around words. A smile easily and absentmindedly brightened up my face when I realized something.

Love is the strongest power there is. Without it, I never would have left Vick behind in my past and I wouldn't be with Harry. I wouldn't be the happiest I've ever been. And looking back now on when I started to actually talk to Harry, show him sides of me that nobody had ever seen before, from that moment on everything in my life had changed and it was most certainly for the better.

He became the thoughts I couldn't erase at one in the morning. He just listened rather than trying to help me solve my problems. He pulled me closer when I pushed him away. He taught me how to fight for the things that I want. His laughter sounds like music and makes me feel all warm inside. He makes me feel loved every second of every day. 

He's not perfect but he's all that I want. All that I will ever want.

Harry is it for me too.