c h a p t e r 2

Heyyy there! Hope you guys enjoyed chapter one of the new story plot. I'll try my best to update everyday so do stay tuned! ;)

Riing!

The sound of the alarm clock woke me up.

The events of yesterday played in my head. Was it a dream?

It seemed surreal.

However, when I looked at my reflection in the mirror while I was getting ready for school, I was certain that what happened yesterday night was not a dream.

The girl in the mirror had rich mahogany waves which cascaded smoothly down her back. Her glowing, porcelain-like skin was free of blemishes. Her eyes, framed by long, dark lashes, were a bright sky blue.

I gently touched my face with my fingertips. Is this me?

"Angelle! You better hurry up, you're gonna be late!" my mother shouted from outside my room.

I quickly walked out of my bathroom and threw on a pair of denim shirt and shorts.

"Hi cupcakes, did you miss me?" came a husky voice from the window, startling me. I turned around to see the devil standing there in all his glory.

"Y...you..." I stuttered.

"I came here to tell you something that I didn't manage to after you fainted yesterday," he said.

I fainted?

"Anyway, what I wanted to say was that you cannot tell anybody about my identity or our deal. And also–," he said as he walked towards me and held my hand, causing a burning sensation to run through my arm.

"This, will show you how many days you have left. The mark will lighten if we are nearing our goal of the falling in love thing," Jeremy explained.

I removed my hand from his to see the number 100 marked in black on my palm.

"That's all for now, see you soon," Jeremy said with a smirk, and with a snap of his fingers, he was gone.

With that, I exited my room and made my way downstairs.

"Morning guys," I chirped when I reached the dining table. "Someone's in a good mood today," my mother said as she walked out of the kitchen carrying plates of scrambled eggs.

"Thanks mom," I said with a smile as she placed my plate in front of me.

"Your welcome, sweetie," she said and surveyed my face. "You look different," came her next words.

"Indeed," my younger sister, Arianna said as she walked towards the table.

"Its a good kind of different, you look beautiful," Zella, my older sister, who was sitting on the sofa, voiced.

"Thanks," I said with a wide smile and began eating my breakfast.

Its the first time someone complimented me on my looks.

"We'll be leaving first, bye guys," Zella said as both Arianna and herself made their way to the garage where all our cars were parked.

Both Zella and I had our own cars, which were gifts from our parents for our seventeeth birthday. Zella had hers last year–a white 5-seater Mercedes. As I turned 17 two months ago, I got my own car as well. Arianna mostly rode with Zella because as quoted by her, "I do not trust your driving skills". Well, that's just because I like to drive fast.

After gobbling down the last chunk of scrambled eggs and placing the plate in the sink, I began to make my way to the garage as well. "Bye mom!" I shouted, as I went out.

My car was a black BMW convertible, another reason why few people sat in my car. I made my way to the driver's side and started the engine. Here I come, school! I mentally said to myself and drove to school.

As I walked into the school gates, I garnered a lot of attention. Many students were looking at me with wide eyes. This was definitely a first. Normally, when I walked into school, people would just give me dirty looks, snickering among themselves.

I ignored their looks and made my way to the locker where my best friend, Jessica, was waiting for me. "Hi El–" She started to say, but stopped herself and widened her eyes. "Oh my gee, who are you and what have you done to my best friend?" She asked me, amazed, as she scrutinised my face. I chuckled at her behaviour and said, "Its me, Jess." "Woah, you look different," she stated. "You look beautiful," Jess said, still looking at me in awe. "Thanks, you're not bad yourself too," I said with a smile.

Jess was really pretty. This made me skeptical why she wanted to be my friend when we first met. Her long dark hair framed her petite face and she had sparkling emerald orbs which twinkled with excitement whenever she was enthusiatic about something.

"Oh! Have you heard that a new student is coming today?" Jess suddenly asked. I raised my brows at this. Normally, the school doesn't accept students in the middle of the term. "I heard that he's hot," Jess told me dreamily. I laughed at this. Leave it to Jess to day dream about another hot guy when she already had a boyfriend.

"Come on, let's go check him out," Jess said and dragged me to the school's entrace, leaving me no chance to refuse.

There was a huge crowd of students standing at the entrance when Jess and I reached. Most of them being girls. Just then, a black Ferrari stopped in front of the school and a guy came out from the car. Squinting, I tried to look at his face, but it was near impossible as the sun rays were blinding. As he walked into the school with his bag pack slung over his shoulder, my jaw dropped.