c h a p t e r 3

He...

"What's he doing here?" I mumbled to myself.

"Oh. My. God. Look at him Elle, isn't he like...hot? But not like hot, like hot x(times) infinity!" Jess squealed in my ear. She wasn't the only one squealing though. As the devil walked in, all eyes were on him. There were excited and girlish squeals all along the corridor. I get that he's hot, but isn't this too much?

"Hey cupcakes," a husky voice reached my ear. I looked up to see the devil with his signature smirk on. "You... What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised. "I said I'll see you soon didn't I?" Came his reply.

My thoughts went back to this morning's.

"That's all for now, see you soon."

He was referring to this?! I thought to myself, but apparently I didn't.

"Yes I was," Jeremy said with a smile.

"Do you even need to study?" I asked, still in shock.

"Yes, I do cupcakes, though I bet I have already learnt all your syllabus content," the devil said smugly. By now, all eyes were on me, I mean, us. I could feel many glares directed at me.

My best friend was at my side, staring at us in shock.

"Hey, don't you need to go to the office of something?" I asked Jeremy, trying to 'shoo' him away.

"Oh, yes I do. I forgot everything once I saw you," Jeremy said with a wink.

I rolled my eyes at this and he asked, "can you show me where's–".

But before he could finish his question, I interrupted him. "We have to go now!"

With that, I tugged on Jess' hand and made my way down the corridor. As we walk, I can hear Jeremy asking the crowd if anyone could show him where the office was. I was not surprised at all when I heard many girls volunteering to help him find his way.

Once we rounded a corner, Jess stopped me and asked, "you know him?" I shrugged and replied, "I only met him yesterday," which was the truth. "Really? And you didn't tell you met such a hot guy?" Jess asked dramatically. "Uh, under such circumstances..." I started to say. "Under what circumstances huh? Did you meet him when you accidentally went into the gents or something?" Jess teased, bringing up the incident when I accidentally went into the guy's toilet.

"Oh god, how long are you going to tease me for? It was an accident," I said as I covered my face in embarrassment. Jess laughed at my predicament and just then, the bell rang. "Come on, let's go to class," I told Jess, glad that I was able to get away from Jess' teasing.

"Hey, don't think you can escape that easily missy. Tell me what happened during break ok?" Jess asked but I knew her long enough to know that it was a statement, not a question. "Fine, see you later," I said with hands raised in the surrender position.

I had maths for the first period and I quickly hurried to class. Mr Fartmen (yes Fart), was a punctual teacher and did not tolerate tardiness. After making my way to my seat at the back of the classroom, I took out my notebook and started doodling as I waited for Mr Fartmen to arrive in class.

"Morning students," somebody's voice boomed. I looked up to see Mr Fartmen walking into class. As usual, he had on his vintage spectacles which were perched low on his nose bridge. As Mr Fartmen proceeded to start the class, there was a knock on the door and in walked Jeremy.

Cue the girlish squeals again.

"You must be the new student, would you like to introduce yourself?" Mr Fartmen asked.