c h a p t e r 11

I was slowly pacing around the library, deep in my own thoughts when I heard a familiar voice.

Moving closer to the source of the sound, I saw Edward talking to one of his best friend, Jerry. I was about to leave when I heard Jerry ask Edward something.

"So...I heard you went to the amusement park with her yesterday?"

Was he referring to me?

Curious as to what they were talking about, I hid behind behind a book shelf and eavesdropped on them, despite knowing that it was wrong to do so.

"Yea I did," came Edward's reply.

"How was it?"

"Its okay."

"Did you ask her out?" Jerry questioned.

"No, I haven't got the chance to," Edward answered.

"Bud, if you don't do it quickly, your girl is going to go off with him," Jerry sounded a little frustrated.

Your girl? What girl?

"I know, but I kinda feel bad," Edward sighed.

"Your choice, pal. You can either choose not to hurt Angelle or wait for Ari and Jeremy to have their happy ending," Jerry told Edward.

I felt a stab on my heart. So Edward was just playing with me all this while? Why did he ask me out and kiss me when he likes Ari?

Tears pricked at my eyes and I knew that I should have left when I already heard that much, but no, my body decided to stay put and listen to what else they had to say. My heart still wanted to give Edward a chance. A chance to prove that he wasn't using me just to get close to Ari.

"Man, I don't know. If Ari really likes that guy, maybe I shouldn't hurt Elle just to try to break them up," Edward said with a groan.

I was right in one way or another. He was just using me.

Don't cry Angelle, not here. I chanted over my head again and again and was about to slowly make my way out of the library when my foot knocked on the book shelf.

"Hey, did you hear that?" Jerry asked and I freaked out. I can't let them know that I eavesdropped on them.

Jeremy...help me... My mind automatically went to one person—one devil.

"Hey, pal, what ya doing here?" Came Jeremy's voice.

The footsteps that were making their way to me stopped.

"Oh, we were just chatting."

"Come on, they're all looking for you," Jeremy said. And with that, he guided them both out of the library.

I heaved a sigh of relief and plopped down on the carpeted floor.  Saved by the devil.

It was then that the floodgates opened and the tears that I was holding back for so long came pouring out.

--------------------
{Jeremy's POV}

After 'chasing' the guys out of the library, I quickly hurried in to see Elle sobbing alone with her head in her hands.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked her, concerned. It was the first time I saw her crying so badly. I wonder what happened?

Elle shook her head, which was still buried in her hands. "Look at me," I said softly and lifted Elle's chin.