c h a p t e r 4

It was yet another boring day at school.

And as usual during lunch, Arianna and Edward would sit with us.

I found it weird at first. They normally sat at the popular table, why would they suddenly sit with us? Its not like I'm unhappy though. After all, I could see Edward everyday during lunch and talk to him.

Although I did not know why Edward sat with us, I was pretty sure I knew why Arianna did so.

My sister had taken a fancy to the devil. She takes every opportunity she has to flirt with Jeremy during lunch. It was actually kind of disturbing to see your little sis flirting with someone.

--------------------

"Hey, a penny for your thoughts?" A voice came from behind my back, startling me.

I turned around to see Jeremy with his arms slung over Edward's shoulders. Yes, they became buddies. As I looked into Edward's eyes, butterflies swarm in my tummy. He's as hot as usual.

"Yoo hoo, earth to cupcakes!" Jeremy said, pinching my face. "Shoo," I said, annoyed as I swatted his hand away.

"What's up?" I asked, cocking my brows.

"Nothing, just wanted to bring you to your senses," Jeremy answered me with a goofy smile.

I narrowed my eyes at him and made my way to my biology class. "Hey, let's go together. We have the same class," Jeremy called out and I heard him bid goodbye to Edward before catching up with me.

"Cupcakes, I have an idea," Jeremy suddenly said.

Without waiting for my reply, he continued, "why don't you ask Edward out?"

"What?"

"You didn't hear me? I said—," Jeremy wanted to repeat his words but I stopped him.

"I heard you, but... I don't think he likes me that way," I said in a low voice, looking at the ground.

"If you never try, you'll never know," the devil encouraged and I laughed.

"I didn't know that you'll be into quotes as well," I said amusedly.

"There's many things you don't know about me," he said with a smirk and continued, "like maybe how good I'll be in bed". And with that, he wriggled his eyebrows and I punched him on the shoulder. He chuckled, "you still hit like a man." I showed him my poker face at this and walked into the classroom.

I took my seat at the side of the classroom and Jeremy sat next to me, the only empty seat then.

Miss Faith came into the classroom and started the lesson after all the students have settled down.

"So...are you gonna ask Edward out?" Jeremy inquired.

"Let me think about it," I answered.

Should I ask Edward out? What if he rejects me? Suddenly, a thought came to me and I turned to Jeremy with a wide smile.

"Jare," I called him and he turned to look at me with raised brows.

"What's Jare?" he questioned.

"Your name in short. Anyway, I just came up with a great idea," I told him and he urged me to continue with a nod of his head.