c h a p t e r 5

When Arianna and I arrived at the cinema, Jeremy and Edward were already there waiting for us.

Instead of his usual leather jacket, Jeremy was dressed casually in a grey hoodie and black jeans, while Edward, on the other hand, wore a white shirt and dark jeans.

Looking around, I could see many girls stealing glances at them. Well, I wasn't surprised. Both of them looked hot, especially Jeremy, but I wouldn't tell the devil that.

"We got tickets for Insiduous 3," Jeremy said to me with a smirk and I widened my eyes. "Horror?!" I shrieked, to which Jeremy nodded. "Are you scared?" Edward asked me concernedly and I shook my head unconvincingly. Dang. I hate horror movies. Whenever I watch one, I'll stay awake all night. "Its okay, I'll protect you," Jeremy whispered in my ear and winked, but I elbowed him in the stomach. "Ouch..."

"I'll go get some food, do you guys want any?" I asked the group when I saw that they haven't bought any food yet. "Yeah. I want a coke and a large popcorn," Jeremy said. "I'll get a diet coke," Arianna told me.

"I'll go with you," Edward volunteered with a smile and I nodded gratefully.

We made our way to the queue together. As we queued, an idea came to mind and I mentally grinned.

Jeremy didn't say whether he wanted sweet or salty for his popcorn, right? Then I'll just get him a salty one.

Thankfully, the queue wasn't very long and we got to order our food pretty quickly.

Edward ordered nachos with a coke and I ordered the stuff that Arianna and Jare wanted as well as a large popcorn for myself. When the person at the counter asked me which popcorn I wanted, I told him that i wanted a sweet one and a salty one respectively.

Over the past 2 weeks, I have observed that the devil has a sweet tooth. Wait till he eats his popcorn.

"What's so funny?" Edward asked me with a curious look on his face and I whispered in his ear what I just did, causing him to laugh. "You're a mischievous one aren't you?" With that, he ruffled my hair causing me to smile goofily.

"Here, your food and drinks," I said to Jeremy and Arianna and passed them what they ordered.

"Let's go in," Arianna chirped and we all went to theater 5.

Our seats were at the back and I sat between Edward and Jeremy while Arianna sat beside her crush–the devil.

At the corner of my eye, I could see Jeremy lifting a handful of popcorn from the box and placing them in his mouth. What followed next was a frown, and a "cupcake, what popcorn flavour did you get me?"

I turned to Jeremy innocently and said, "you didn't specify so I got you a salty one."

"What? And what's your flavour?" he asked.

"Sweet of course," I gave him a wide smile as I said that and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You did that on purpose didn't you?" he asked in a low voice and I smirked, "maybe."

"Come on, share yours with me," Jare looked at me with puppy eyes, but I shook my head.

"Please?" He continued and I stood my stand with a smile playing on my lips. It was fun to tease him.

"You really won't share it with me?" He whispered huskily in my ear and I replied with a "no."

"Then don't blame me for what's going to happen next," he whispered, but before I could ask him what he meant, his fingers came over to tickle me on my stomach, causing me to laugh.

"O...okay, fi...fine, I'll s...share," I managed to say between my laughs and his tickling stopped.

I looked over at Jeremy to see him giving me a expectant look and I placed my popcorn in the centre so that he could reach it as well.

Well...my prank backfired.

The movie started and I was gripping the popcorn box tightly as the scary music came on.

"Relax, cupcakes," Jare whispered soothingly in my ear as he took the popcorn box from my hand and wrapped his hands around mine. I looked at him, shocked and he told me, "I'm just taking responsibility as I chose this movie."

His warm and large hands provided me with a sense of comfort which I was pretty grateful for.

--------------------

{Jeremy's Pov}

Seeing how scared Elle was, my hand took hold of hers. This caused her to turn to me with wide eyes. Truth to be told, I didn't know why I held her hand, so I just came up with a  "I'm taking responsibility as I chose the movie".

I thought she would pull away to prevent her crush from misunderstanding, but she kept her hand in mine.

Elle leaned into me halfway through the movie, not bothering to eat the popcorn anymore as she clutched onto my arm tightly. I could see that she was really afraid.

As the credits rolled on, I turned to look at Elle only to see her fast asleep on my shoulder. I shook my head in amusement, how did she even fall asleep during a horror movie.

"She fell asleep?" Edward asked as the lights in the cinema came on.

"She always falls asleep in cinemas," Ari sighed and walked over to Elle to wake her up.

"Hey sis, wake up," Ari called but Elle didn't stir from her sleep.

After a few attempts to wake her sister up, Arianna gave up.

"She's cute when she sleeps," Edward said with a chuckle as he carried Angelle in his arms easily.

I stood up from my seat after this and exercised my arm which has gone numb.

Ari skipped over to me and asked if I could give her a lift as Edward was taking Elle home in her car.

A weird yet indescribable feeling came over me as I heard this but I ignored it and nodded my head at her request.

Ari looped her arm through mine and together, we walked to the car park.

--------------------

I woke up to see Edward's face right in front of me.

"Oh, you're awake?" Edward asked and I bobbed my head.

"Did I fall asleep in the cinema again?" I asked him and he nodded with a smile.

"How did I get here?" I looked around to see that I was in my own room.

"We rode here in your car and I carried you to your room," he told me and I widened my eyes.

"You...carried me all the way up here?" I asked with my jaw dropped.

He nodded and with raised brows asked, "why?"

I shook my head and I could feel my face warm up.

"Aw...are you blushing?" Edward teased as he cupped my face with one of his hand, and I could feel myself blush even harder.

I looked into Edward's eyes which held a hint of amusement, and I saw him look at my lips as he inched closer.

My eyelids slowly fluttered shut as he leaned closer.

And closer.