c h a p t e r 21

Jeremy?

My mouth dropped a little when I saw him reaching a hand towards me.

What is he doing?

"Kiss kiss kiss kiss," the people around the circle started to chant.

Despite knowing that I should not be doing this, I took his hand and stood up.

Before I could think through this, Jeremy pulled me towards him by my waist and smashed his lips into mine. I couldn't control my lips and found them moving in sync with his.

It only took me a few seconds to forget the watchful eyes around us. Of course, that included Ari's sharp glance.

Jeremy cupped my face with his other hand and brought us even closer, if that was even possible. The kiss was nowhere near sweet and gentle, it was hot and filled with desire. I brought my arms around his neck and played with his hair. It was soft, just like his lips.

The feelings I kept hidden all came rushing out. The feelings I tried to push away this whole time.

I like him. A lot.

"I think that's enough," a stern voice caused Jeremy and I to break apart. It was Ari, she was fuming.

Shooting Jeremy a glare, she turned her back and walked out of the room.

Jeremy and I looked at one another, both of us with frowns on our faces.

"What are you doing? Go after her," I told Jeremy after I had found my voice.

Jeremy left my side to go after Ari, and I felt my heart sink.

What you're doing is right. Jeremy is Ari's boyfriend, don't you forget it. I tried to tell myself.

"Woah, that was one hot kissing session," Jess teased once I sat back down beside her.

"Its just a dare," I shrugged her words off. "Are you sure? You both looked like you enjoyed it," she asked, her voice holding a hint of amusement.

"He's a good kisser," I replied and put an end to the discussion.

--------------------

That night, when I was about to sleep, I felt a familiar presence in my room.

Jeremy.

"What's up?" I asked him, curious as to what he wanted to tell me at this time of the night.

"I...need your help," he told me.

My brows raised at this.

"Ari's angry at me."

Oh.

"About the kiss?" I asked despite already knowing the answer. Of course it would be because of the kiss, what else.

"Yea," he replied.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked, my voice a little shaky.

"I...just felt like it."

My heart fluttered.

"Why?" I questioned.

"I don't know, I felt like doing so for some time already. You know, sometimes I think the one I like—" I cut Jeremy off before he could finish speaking. I didn't want to hear what he wanted to say next. I didn't have the guts to.

"Ari likes chocolate chip muffins, I'm sure she'll forgive you if you make some for her yourself," I told Jeremy.

"Oh...right. Thanks. Do you mind helping me with it? I don't know how to bake..." Jeremy scratched his head, frowning a little. He looks cute.

I laughed a little at that. "Sure, let's meet up tomorrow to bake? Ari has cheerleading camp tomorrow and she'll be back the day after. You could surprise her then."

"Thanks, cupcakes, you're a lifesaver," Jeremy said gratefully and I gave him a little smile.

Let's just keep things the way it is. Jeremy and Ari are going to patch up and everything's going to be alright between them.

--------------------

The next day, I met up with Jeremy at the supermarket down the street. "What are we buying today?" He asked me curiously.

I looked up at the recipe that Ari adores. "First, lets go get some chocolate chips," I told him and climbed into the trolley.

"What are you doing?" Jeremy quizzed, and I smirked. "You're gonna push me around today. You're under my orders." "Why am I?" Jeremy mused and I replied, "you asked for my help."

Shaking his head and raising his hands as a sign of defeat, Jeremy began pushing the trolley to the aisle with baking goods.

"There, there!" I exclaimed once I saw the packet of lovely goodness. "Where?" Jeremy asked, still not noticing the packets of chocolate chips on the top shelf. "Omg can't you see? They're there!" I pointed out but Jeremy shook his head.

Reaching my hands out, I placed my fingers on his cheeks and tilted his head till the packs of chocolate chips were in his line of sight.

"Ohhh..." Jeremy nodded when he caught side of them and made his way over to the shelf to grab a packet.

"Hey, which brand do you want?" He asked me, holding up two different packets. "Take the Hershey's one," I told him. "Why? This looks nicer," he protested like a kid. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Remember what I said earlier?" Jeremy nodded his head letting out a dramatic sigh. "I'm under your orders. Yes madam," he exclaimed dramatically, causing me to laugh.

Giving me a small salute, he placed a packet of Hershey's chocolate chips into the trolley.

"You guys make a cute couple," the voice of an elderly woman said. Jeremy and I both looked at her and exclaimed at the same time. "We're not a couple!"

This caused the woman to laugh. "Young love." Before we could protest, the lady walked away, but not before saying, "last long lads! I can foresee a future for you guys!"

Jeremy and I both looked at one another with quirked eyebrows. Future? Right...

For the rest of our time at the supermarket, we received many other comments on what a good pair or match we make. After some of the comments, we decided to stop denying that we aren't a couple anymore since no one would believe it.

Do we really make a cute couple?

"Hey, earth to cupcakes," Jeremy waved a hand in front of me after loading all the stuff we bought into the trunk.

"Yeah?" I asked, a little absent-mindedly.

"Do you think we'll make a cute couple?" He voiced out his thoughts, speaking whats on my mind. My cheeks reddened.

"Aww you're blushing cupcakes," he teased. Jeremy was back to his old self. If was like the kiss between us never happened. I'm glad there wasn't any tension between us.

I heard a low mutter from Jeremy's side. I think he didn't mean for me to hear it as the words I caught on to was— i think we'll make a cute couple.