c h a p t e r 20

Hey all! Before I begin the chapter, I would like to thank you all for the comments and votes on the previous chapters. I was so happy to see that you all enjoyed the book. Thank you so so much for all your support<3

<1 month later>

I looked at my palm. The mark was a light grey now.

33 days left.

Ari and Jeremy had been dating for a month now.

After the incidents of the past month, I came to realize something. I might have begun to develop feelings for Jeremy.

I tried to keep my distance once I realized my own feelings for him. You know the saying—nip it in the bud. I did just that. It prevented me from developing anymore feelings towards the devil.

Every time his face pops out in my mind. I only reminded myself of one thing. If you let your personal feelings impede Jeremy and Ari's relationship, both you and Jeremy will die after the 100 days have passed.

A message on my phone drew me out of my thoughts.

Jess: Elle! There's a party tonight at Trevor's house! Are you interested?

Trevor was one of the popular kids in the school who had rich parents. That being said, the party would have pretty good food and drinks. So why not?

Me: Count me in:p

Jess: I'll be over in 10. C u!:)

After replying an "ok" to Jess, I got out of bed and went downstairs for some food. I have been sleeping for an entire day, since it was a weekend. Now, I gotta feed my hungry tummy.

Jess arrived exactly ten minutes later, just like she said. "Stop snacking, let's go get us ready for the party," Jess said and ushered me upstairs.

After an hour of pulling and tugging of our hairs, we got them done. Jess had straightened her long hair and I had mine curled into loose waves. After applying our makeup, we changed into our dresses.

Jess was wearing a black tube dress with a small V-plunge at the front while I on the other hand, wore a dark navy dress which was sleeveless and had intricate patterns on it.

Jess paired her dress with a pair of white pumps and I paired mine with black strappy (is there such a word?) heels.

"I think we look good," Jess commented after we were both dressed up.

"Me too," I agreed with a smile.

Ten minutes later, we were on our way to the party in my car.

Loud music could be heard as we neared Trevor's house. After parking my car at the side of the road opposite the house, Jess and I got out of it and made our way over to Trevor's house.

When we got inside the property, I could hear Hailee's "Love Myself" playing over the speakers. Teenagers were dancing, or to be specific, grinding against one another. At different corners of the house, I could spot a few couples making out. "Hey, glad that you could make it," a voice sounded from behind me.

I turned around to see Trevor standing there with a red plastic cup in his hand. "Thanks for inviting us," Jess chirped and I thanked Trevor as well, but he waved it off. "Angelle, you look gorgeous," Trevor complimented as he eyed me up and down.

"Thank you," I politely replied and excused myself as I made my way to the kitchen where the food and drinks are.

Grabbing some fries, I went to the side of the kitchen and began munching on them.

"Elle, they are playing a game, come on," Jess said once she found me. Before I could protest, she dragged me all the way to the basement where a group of people from my school were sitting in a circle.

I scanned the circle for familiar faces and I spotted Ari. Sitting beside her looking handsome as always was...Jeremy. He's here too?

Forcing myself to look away from the devil, I took a seat beside Jess and waited for someone to explain the instructions of the game.

"We're playing truth and dare, I believe all of you know how it is played," Stephanie, a girl from my history class said. After receiving nods from everyone, Stephanie placed a glass bottle in the centre of the circle.

"I'll go first alright?" She asked and everyone agreed.

The first time, the bottle landed on a guy named Raymond. He chose a dare and was dared to do a lap dance on another guy called Brendon.

We all had a huge laugh seeing two jocks being so intimate.

The second time, the bottle spun to Jess and she was dared to chug down an entire pint of beer.

Jess did so without any difficulty as she was a good drinker.

The bottle that Jess spun landed on Edward. I didn't realize that he was here. "Truth or dare?" Jess asked and to my surprise, he chose "truth".

"If you could turn back time, what was something that you would not do?" Jess asked.

I looked at Edward to see him looking intently at me. "I would never hurt you," he said sincerely. I frowned. Was his apology genuine?

"Who's you?" Trevor asked in a teasing manner and Edward replied with a smirk, "I don't think there's a need for me to answer two questions."

After several rounds, the bottle spun to Jeremy. My ears particularly perked when I saw that it was his turn.

"Dare," Jeremy chose and Dan, a guy from my grade told him, "kiss someone from this circle who isn't your girlfriend." Ari frowned upon hearing this while Jeremy on the other hand, seemed a little lost as he looked around the circle.

Most of the girls were looking at him expectantly, hoping to be picked. Well, I wasn't surprised. I, myself have wondered how his soft lips would taste like, but I didn't want to see him kissing other girls.

I kept my head down, waiting for everything to pass but my head immediately jerked up when I saw a pair of shoes in front of me.