c h a p t e r 6

Edward's lips were about to touch mine when there was a knock on the door.

Damn it.

Edward pulled away when he heard that and Arianna came into the room.

"Hey sis– Edward? You're still here?" Ari asked as she looked at Edward who was now looking out my window.

"Uh...ya, I just carried her to her room," he told Ari scratching his head.

And we would have kissed if you hadn't interrupt. I added in my head, a little annoyed.

"I better get going," Edward said after awhile and after bidding me goodbye, Ari saw him out.

As I willed myself into sleep once again, the only thing that came to mind was, If Edward wanted to kiss me, does that mean he has feelings for me as well?

--------------------

The sound of my alarm woke me up the next day.

I lazily walked to the bathroom to get ready for school. After getting dressed, I made my way to the living room.

"Hey, why are you up so early today?" my mom asked as she walked down the stairs.

"To go to school?" I answered her with another question. This caused her to burst out laughing.

"And may I ask what would you be doing in school on a Saturday?" came my mother's next question causing realisation to dawn on me.

No wonder the house was so empty in the morning. Oops.

"I'll...I'll go to Starbucks instead," I said as I sent my mother a sheepish smile.

I walked down the street to the nearest Starbucks where I ordered myself a caramel frappe before settling myself down at a window seat.

I was searching through my bag for a book when someone plopped down on the seat in front of me.

"Morning cupcakes," the devil greeted.

"Morning, fancy seeing you here," I told him.

"Yeah, you too. I didn't know you were an early bird," he said.

"I'm not. I thought it was a school day," I confessed.

Jeremy shook his head in amusement before standing up and making his way to the counter.

A few minutes later, he plopped down in front of me again with a cup of iced coffee.

"Can I sit here?" he asked and I nodded.

The next few minutes were spent in silence as Jeremy stared out the window and I read my book.

"Hey, let's go hang out," Jare broke the silence.

I looked up at him and with a smile, I agreed.

"Did you drive?" Jeremy asked me as we made our way out Starbucks.

I shook my head, "did you?"

"No," came his reply.

"Then...where should we hang out?" I questioned.

"Your house," he answered with a grin and walked ahead of me.

"Come on, slow poke," he called out.

If I'm slow, then...

I ran up to Jeremy and jumped onto his back, catching him off guard.

He quickly put his arms around my thighs so that I would not fall.

"Get off, you're heavy," Jeremy chuckled.

"You said I was slow. Come on, lets's see how fast you are. Giddy ya giddy ya!" I giggled.

"You behave like a child," Jeremy said and I pinched his cheeks.

He has soft cheeks.

"Yeah, I know," Jeremy said with another chuckle and I wanted to hit myself on the head.

I wasn't intending to voice out my thoughts.

As we were reaching my house, I asked Jeremy to put me down. I didn't want my family to misunderstand.

I unlocked the door and went inside the house with Jeremy close behind.

Mom was sitting on the dining table reading her daily newspaper. When she heard us coming in, she looked up from her newspaper. "Mom, I brought a friend from school," I told her and introduced both Jeremy and my mother to each other.

"Hi, Mrs Avery," Jeremy said politely and gave my mother a killer smile. My mother seemed impressed with him as she kept nodding her head and smiling. "Angelle, your boyfriend is very handsome," Mom said aloud.

My eyes widened at that. "He's not my boyfriend!"

"Sure...the blush on your cheeks doesn't seem to be saying so though," my mother amusedly stated, causing Jeremy to burst out laughing.

"Stay for dinner ya?" My mother directed the question at Jeremy hopefully and he happily agreed.

"Come on, let's go," I said as I gestured Jeremy up the stairs to my room.

A day with the devil huh? Who knew we'd become friends.

Hey guyss! Who's your ship now? ;) And, any ship names? ^^ Do leave your comments to let me know, I may decide to use it in the other chapters!:))