c h a p t e r 14

After detention ended, Jeremy and I got into my car.

"Where do you wanna go?" He asked me as I turned on the ignition.

"How does fast food sound?" I suggested and he agreed.

We easily got into a conversation, reminding me how easy it was to talk to him instead of Edward. Why did I even like Edward? We have nothing in common, and he is such a jerk.

"Hey, come back to earth Elle, the lights turned green," Jeremy waved a hand in my face and I shook my thoughts about Edward away.

"What would you do if someone made use of you?" I suddenly asked and Jeremy turned to look at me with a frown. "Quit frowning," I mimicked him and he chuckled. "It was just a random question."

"I'm not sure, I guess I'll not be able to trust that person anymore," came Jeremy's reply. Yeah, I guess its hard to trust Edward now.

"We're here!" Jeremy announced and we both got out of the car and walked into McDonalds.

"What do you want? I'll go order for us," Jeremy asked after we grabbed a seat near the counter. I took a look at the menu.

"A double cheeseburger upsize with a coke," I told him with a large smile. "Its your treat right?" I asked with wide eyes. "Yea, I'll treat you anytime," Jeremy said with a laugh and went to the counter to queue.

After 10 minutes or so, Jeremy finally came back with both our foods. I thanked him gratefully and munched on my burger.

"Why are you looking at me? Is there something on my face?" I asked upon realizing Jeremy's gaze. Jeremy shook his head. "You're not like other girls," he commented. I raised my brow at this. "Normally when I eat out with other girls, they only order salad and diet coke," he added.

"Salads don't seem to fill me, so..." I trailed off. Jeremy nodded, "you have a big appetite don't you?" I gave him a wide smile, "yes I do, and..." I reached over to take a big bite out of his burger causing him to let out a "hey" as protest.

I laughed. "Thanks I'm full now," I told him. He pouted at me and continued to eat his remaining burger.

"Hello there, we have a special event for cute couples like yourselves. Are both of you interested to participate?" A man's voice sounded from beside me, causing me to choke on my drink.

"You ok?" Jeremy came over to pat me on the back. I nodded and turned to look at the man. "What did you say?" I asked him after I recovered from my choking session. "We have a special event for couples an—" I cut him off before he could repeat what he said earlier. "We're not a couple." 

"Oh, i'm sorry, you guys looks so cute together, so I thought..." He apologized and I shook my head. "Its okay."

I went back to drinking my coke after the man left. "You don't like the idea of us being together?" Jeremy asked suddenly and I began another choking session.

"Hey you okay there?" Jeremy looked at me concernedly and I nodded my head. "I didn't know you hated the idea of being with me," Jeremy said with an expression of what seemed like hurt on his face. I wasn't sure if I was seeing things as he regained his normal playful expression a second later.

"N...no its just that—" I tried to say.

"Oh? So you like the idea of us being together?" A smirk made its way across his face.

"No no, I—forget it," I said flatly.

Do i like the idea of being with him? I shook my thoughts away as soon as it came. That can't ever happen, I am not going to go after my sister's boyfriend (or to-be boyfriend).

"A penny for your thoughts?" Jeremy asked, capturing my attention. "No penny for you. Would you like a fry instead?" I asked cheekily and held a fry up to him.

"Aah..." Jeremy said with his mouth wide. "You're expecting me to feed you? In your dreams," I stuck my tongue out and ate the fry myself causing Jeremy to pout again.

"Aren't you cute?" I laughed as I pinched his cheeks. His cheeks are so soft.

Jeremy swatted my hand away. "Handsome yes. Cute no," he said and ate my fries.

What is it with guys not wanting to be called cute?

After finishing our food, I drove us back to my house as Jeremy said he wanted to talk to Ari.

"Oh, welcome, Jeremy. You guys just came back from a date?" My mom asked as soon as she saw us.

"Mom! We are not together!"

"Mom, he's my boyfriend."

Both Ari and I said at the same time.

Oh, so they are together already. My stomach clenched at this. What's this feeling?