c h a p t e r 12

Jeremy wrapped his arms around me, and just like that, we fell asleep in each other's arms.

The morning sunlight streamed through the window, its warmth awaking me. I turned to see Jeremy fast asleep on the other side of the bed, snoring softly.

Stretching my arms, I propped myself up from the bed and reached for my phone. It was 7am and I woke up even before my alarm rang. I glanced at Jeremy's innocent sleeping face, events of yesterday flashed through my mind. Edward. How am I supposed to face him now? Especially when he's sitting on the same table as I?

"Hey, whatcha thinking about?" A voice drew me out of my thoughts, startling me.
"You're awake," I stated, despite the obvious. "Yeah, what's up with you?" Jeremy asked. I shook my head. I guess I'll deal with it myself.

"Are you gonna go back home or..." I trailed off. "Do you mind me taking a bath here?" He asked and I shook my head, "Go ahead." "You can go first," he said with a smile and laid down on the bed, scrolling through his phone.

I walked to my closet and grabbed my clothes before entering the bathroom. It took me twenty minutes to get ready and when I came out of the bathroom, Jeremy was there munching on a bar of chocolate. "Hey, gimme a bite!" I asked him with my mouth wide open. He walked over to me and fed me the chocolate. However, just as I was about to take a bite, he pulled his hand back and poked his tongue out at me before running in the other direction.

"You're so childish! Go take a bath! We nidda get to school soon!" I shouted at him while frowning but after he went into the bathroom, the corners of my lips automatically went up.

I gotta admit, the devil is kinda cute.

"Angelle, is there someone in your room?" My mom asked from outside the room. Shyt. "Uh...no, i'm talking to a friend on loudspeaker," I tried to explain, hoping that my mother wouldn't barge into my room and find out that I spent the night with a guy in my room.

"Oh, okay. Come down when you're done. Breakfast is ready," she said and I heard her move away from my door. Phew. I let out a sigh of relief at that.

I heard the bathroom door open and turned to see Jeremy walking out with just a towel around his waist. I shrieked and covered my eyes with my hands. "Omg, can you put on some clothes?" I exclaimed, causing Jeremy to chuckle. "Why are you so red? Don't tell me...is this your first time seeing a guy topless?" Jeremy teased as he walked towards me.

"No! I—" I tried to defend myself but couldn't find anything to say. It was indeed the first time I have seen a guy half-naked.

Jeremy chuckled again.

"Please, just put on some clothes," I told him, turning around.

"Ok, I'm dressed, you can turn around now," Jeremy announced and I turned to face his defined chest. Trailing my eyes down, I eyed his sculpted abs and swallowed my drool. "You—" I began to say but was cut off. "Don't tell me you didn't enjoy the view," Jeremy said with a smirk. I whirled around as fast as I could.

"No, I didn't." Yeah, right. You almost drooled. "Keep lying to yourself cupcakes," he chuckled and went to put on a shirt, which I wasn't sure where it came from.

The perks of being a devil.

"Hey, you should leave after you're done, I need to make my way downstairs already. And anyway, we shouldn't really keep hanging out in my room anymore. I don't want your girlfriend, which is also my sister, to misunderstand us," I told Jeremy in a serious voice.

"My girlfriend?" Jeremy asked with a raise of his eyebrows and I nodded.

"I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend yet."

Oh?

"You should ask her out soon, I think that it'll help the mark fade even more. It has already faded quite a bit since you guys went out together," I encouraged with a smile, but it seems forced and bidding Jeremy goodbye, I went down to the living room.

After polishing off my plate of french toast, I like any other school day, made my way to school in my car.

How would I face Edward now? The same question kept coming to mind these few days.

Act like normal, you'll be fine. I told myself in my head and taking in a deep breath, I got out of the car and made my way through the school gates.