e p i l o g u e

A year had passed since Jeremy left and I had graduated from high school and moved on to college in another state.

Thinking back on all the events of the past year, I realised that it was no wonder they call it 'high school drama'.

Summer break had come around and I was intending to fly back home to visit my family. As I was about to get into my car to head to the airport, I heard something or rather, someone.

"Cupcakes." The voice I've longed to hear and one that I never thought I would ever hear again in my life, called out to me.

I couldn't believe my ears. The hair on the back of my neck stood at its ends. My heart was racing.

Could it be? I dare not turn my head for fear that, the higher the expectations, the greater your disappointments.

The person who was behind me walked closer and placed his hand on my bare shoulder. His touch sent electric shocks coursing through my body.

It was him.

"Jeremy?" I turned around expectantly and the guy who I longed to see stood in front of me with a lopsided grin.

Tears filled my eyes and I knew that my jaw had reached the ground.

"Did you miss me?" Came Jeremy's husky voice.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" I said in a duh-tone as I engulfed him in a big hug. Jeremy chuckled and returned the hug.

"I missed you. So so much," Jeremy said in my ear.

We pulled apart a few moments later. I was staring at Jeremy's lips and he was staring at mine, we knew what each other wanted, but we were both afraid of taking the first step.

After all, we had not seen each other for a year. Things change, people change, and the last I'm afraid, feelings change too.

"I–" Jeremy started to say but I cut him off by pressing my lips to his. I wasn't going to let him go the second time.

As our lips touched, sparks flew in every direction. The warmth of his mouth ignited a smouldering heat deep within me and I could feel my toes curl. Jeremy pulled me closer and slanted my head further to deepen the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and played with his soft hair. I shivered as a rush of euphoric bliss enveloped me.

I missed the feel of his lips against mine. I missed him so damn much.

When we pulled apart for air, Jeremy pressed his forehead against mine.

"Thank you for returning the piece of my heart you took when you left," I murmured and a smile made its way up his face.

"Thank you for not giving up on me," he whispered.

"Are you here to stay?" I asked the burning question. "Yes, I'm not leaving your side again," he promised and planted another kiss on my lips.

Just then, I was reminded by the fact that I needed to get to the airport. "Uh...I don't want to ruin the moment, but I kinda have a plane to catch," I said with a sheepish smile.

"You're going back to California right?" He asked and I nodded. "Let's go then."

We drove in silence on the way to the airport, and I can't help but recall the kiss we shared a few minutes ago.

A kiss so gentle yet so firm.

A kiss with a promise of much more to come.

For now, I'm just glad that he is by my side.

The End.

Please do read:)
I'm finally done with this book! There have been many times that I wanted to discontinue this story but it was all of your votes and comments that encouraged me to continue.
Thank you for all the support you have given me.
Your comments never failed to make my day.
And lastly, thank you for reading, we have come to the end of this book:)))
There's one more thing!
I'm thinking of doing an extra chapter in Jeremy's POV to tell the story of what happened in that 1 year he left Elle. Are you guys interested to read it? Do comment to let me know:)