Chapter 1

June

June

It was the last day of school and I paused outside the office door that had taken over my music lesson space.

After my schedule was put back to rights of course.

I sighed heavily, thinking of the beginning of the school year and how this entire 9 months had changed my life. I knocked softly on the door before entering, eyes falling on the slim, deceptively trim figure.

My eyes swept his frame, noting the standard gray suit, appreciating the fact that he'd loosened up enough to wear a maroon shirt today with a lighter gray tie.

"Miss Sorensen."

My eyes flicked up to meet his, watching his lips quirk up slightly in his millimeter smile as his eyes of hard steel shifted to soft silver.

My head ducked slightly before I returned the smile... shyly... "Mr. Blackbourne."

"Last day." He commented, shifting to lean up against his desk, adopting a pose that was so much more like Dr. Sean's than his own.

"Yes, finally, the last day of this crazy school year." I commented as I set my bag and violin case down and went to perch on Sean's desk, noting that his eyes swept my body for a moment, and for once I wasn't at all nervous at disappointing him with what I was wearing.

His eyes lit softly with appreciation as he realized what I was wearing and the millimeter smile upped another slight millimeter.

I was wearing the first dress he'd bought for me, the deep rosy pink polo shirt dress that I'd paired with the brown wedge sandals from our excursion to the country club.

My eyes remained on his as I waited for him to look at my face again, trying not to blush as I caught his eyes lingering on my bust line before they dropped to the smooth lines of my legs as I crossed my ankles and waited longer. I raised an eyebrow in question at him when he finally looked back at my face, almost giggling at the slight tinge of pink that now graced his perfectly formed cheekbones.

"Sorry." He stated softly, straightening his shoulders and touching a finger to the corner of his glasses. "How is the last day going?" he asked.

I shrugged. "About the same as usual." I commented. "I think North has collected more notes today than any other day this year."

He made a soft sound in the back of his throat. "I am glad that will be stopping today." He said.

"So is North." I quipped. "Anything else to talk about or are we going to manage my 3rd violin lesson today?"

He looked a bit surprised that I was teasing him but smiled. "Why would we want to do a silly thing like that?" he teased back.

"Oh, so we can go get lunch at the country club instead?" I retorted with a smirk.

"No, not today." He shook his head. "Whatever are you thinking young lady? We can't possibly leave during the school day..."

I snorted at that, covering my mouth with a hand as I laughed. The big Academy assignment had completed earlier in the week, leaving us free and clear to actually have a few regular days at the end of the school year.