Chapter 18

I wiggled back against Owen, laughing softly when he huffed a soft sigh against the back of my neck and settled me more firmly back in place.

"Now this will not do." He sighed. "He is going to be a problem, isn't he... thinking he can just crawl in bed with us." He muttered.

I laughed again. "He doesn't sleep much so maybe it would be good to use it as a negotiation to get him to sleep more." I said.

"Maybe." He sighed, leaning in and kissing my neck at the curve of where my shoulder met it. "At least it's 3 am..."

"We might as well face it, Owen." I said with my own sigh.

"Face what?" He asked as Sean came back into the bedroom, now dressed in pajamas and heading for the other side of the bed.

"Sean is our child and we must be patient as we raise him." I said with a straight face as Sean looked at me in surprise.

He blinked before getting into the bed. "I don't think I agree with that statement." He said, pulling the covers up and rolling onto his side looking at me.

"Oh but you are crawling into bed with us at 3 am like a toddler goes to mommy and daddy after a bad dream."

"She does have a point."

Sean rolled his eyes. "No..." he shook his head.

"Well, you will need to watch how often this happens or I'll never get any sleep because everyone will think they can crawl in bed with me." I said.

He snorted before laughing. "Pookie, I think they do that already." He pointed out.

"He has a point."

"Hush you." I reached back and poked Owen in the ribs. "I'm trying a new negotiation but if you're going to interrupt then I'm going to have to force one of you to explain to me how often you sleep together." I pressed my lips together tightly to try to not giggle as I heard the sudden intake of breath from Owen behind me and at the stunned look on Sean's face.

Sean propped himself up on one elbow and glared at Owen. "She's learning this from you." He accused. "We give you 2 nights alone and she's like this. Next thing you know, she'll be giving hours as punishment and making us all call her Miss Sorenson." He pouted.

"She will not." He denied swiftly.

I smirked at Sean.

"OH this will not do at all." He sat up in bed and ran his fingers through his hair, tugging on the curls until they stood up.

"You shouldn't have cost me a bet then." I scowled at him.

"You bet?"

I nodded. "On who would show up first." I said. "You've clearly beaten Victor here." I pouted.

Owen chuckled behind me. "I propose an amendment. If Mr. Morgan shows up first at a normal time then it will be a draw." He said. "You'll still come make me dinner next week but we'll watch a movie as well as you requested."

I pursed my lips before turning and looking over my shoulder at him. "Okay. That's a good idea." I said, smiling as he leaned in the rest of the way and kissed me.

"Sealed with a kiss and Sean is our witness." He said before settling me back against his chest, one arm wrapped around my waist as he looked at Sean over my shoulder.

"Oh and excellent idea." He nodded. "I should seal the witnessing with a kiss as well." He scooted closer, leaning in and pressing his lips to mine gently.

I closed my eyes and sighed against his lips. I hadn't gotten much time at all with him lately. School had been so crazy that I'd barely seen him in class even. My lips parted under the pressure of his tongue swiping against them and I kissed him back.

Owen cleared his throat behind me and I blushed as I pulled away. "Sorry." I murmured, ducking my head slightly.

"It's okay darling." Owen soothed.

"My fault this time, Pookie. Guess we'll need to consider hammering out a bit of bed sharing etiquette."

I giggled.

"But all bets are off when it comes to giggles" He said seriously. I pressed my lips together firmly and nodded. He smiled but yawned in the middle of it.

"Bedtime for sleepy doctors." I said, letting Sean settle onto the pillow more. I rested my hand on top of Owen's hand as it rested flat on my stomach, offering the other hand to Sean. "Goodnight." I murmured.

He took my hand and kissed the back of it before lacing his fingers through mine and resting our hands between us. "Goodnight Pookie... Owen..." he murmured as his eyes already were starting to close.

I heard Owen's breathing level out behind me as I watched Sean fall asleep. I just wanted them to be asleep before I closed my eyes again and drifted off myself.