Chapter 38

Sean glanced up when we walked in. "Pookie..." He smiled, his eyes sweeping my body and taking in the dress I was wearing. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you, Dr. Sean." I went over and hugged him. "So, how's it going in the kitchen?"

He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me back. "I've been kicked out of it." He said cheerfully.

"Out of your own kitchen?" I giggled.

"North took over." He shrugged before putting a finger over my lips. "If you keep giggling, I'll be forced to administer a cure to you before we even eat."

My lips clamped tightly as I tried to smother my giggles and I nodded slightly. "He does like to do that." I said once he'd pulled his finger away. "But you don't seem at all bothered by it."

"Oh, I'm not. It's half the reason I even consider volunteering for hosting. Someone else will always either order in or take over the cooking."

I giggled again and he didn't hesitate before dropping his head and slanting his lips over mine and I sighed softly at the touch of his lips on mine and ran my hands up his back until I could wrap them around his neck before I kissed him back. My eyes opened slowly when he pulled away and I smiled at him. "Nice." I murmured.

"Very nice..." He said. "So... I'm totally keeping you."

"Oh you are?"

"Yes." He nodded excitedly, making the tousled curls on top of his head dance wildly with the motion. "I've gotten you the day off tomorrow, so we'll spend all the rest of today and tomorrow together before I take you to the hospital for office organizing and baby ogling. I'm very much looking forward to having Nurse Pookie around."

I snorted slightly. "And you're going to sleep at night..." I arched an eyebrow at him.

"I'll try. I'll admit that it does seem to be easier to sleep when you're with me."

I smiled. "Good to know." I said before my eyes glanced over his shoulder to where Owen was waiting patiently for me to actually greet him. I stretched up slightly and kissed Sean's cheek. "Well since I'm apparently going to be all yours for about 3 days, I should go make sure that I check in with everyone else."

He pursed his lips before brushing them against my forehead. "Owen's giving me one of those patented patient, impatient looks of his, isn't he..." he observed. "I can almost feel the glare cutting into my back." He snorted. "And he claims to be my best friend."

"No, you are the one that insists that we're best friends." Owen said dryly as he'd walked over to us.

I giggled before putting my hands over my mouth and looking at Sean.

"But you always agree." Sean said, waggling a finger in his face before waggling it at me. "I will remember this, Pookie. I am going to start mentally keeping a list of how many cures you need later." He said before letting go of me and heading in to the kitchen to check on the food progress.

I turned to look at Owen. "Good morning, my love." I said softly.

He pushed his glasses up with a finger on one corner of his glasses. "Good morning, darling." He smiled at me, lips quirking up a whole centimeter. "I trust you enjoyed your day yesterday?"

I beamed at him and moved a step closer. "I did." I said. "Victor and Luke made the day a lot of fun." I said, reaching out to slightly straighten the knot in his tie. I gave it a little tug when I was done, bringing his face closer to mine. "Missed you." I murmured before raising up almost en pointe to kiss him.

A soft groan came from his throat as he reached up, cradling the back of my head in his palm as his fingers tangled in the hair at the back of my head before he swiped his tongue across my lips in a silent request to deepen the kiss.

I sighed against his lips before parting mine to allow him to deepen the kiss. I did love kissing all my boys but to kiss Owen was like perfection. In kissing, just like in all the other aspects of our lives, he always anticipated what I needed almost before I knew that I needed it. He often said my instincts were remarkable and incredible but Owen Blackbourne was the most instinctual person I knew. I wrapped my arms around him and sighed again before pulling away and resting my head on his chest.

"My darling Sang..." He murmured, running his hand down my back before wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug. "I missed you too." I smiled and tightened my arms around him. "I've heard a rumor you'll be with Sean for a few days."

"That's what he just told me." I said. "I think I'm still working at the diner on Wednesday but ..."

He smiled down at me. "Will you need me to save you from his cooking at some point?"

"Maybe Tuesday night. There's only so many sandwiches and slices of apple pie a girl can eat at the hospital cafeteria."

He chuckled. "A very valid point." He nodded slightly.

"And I ... wouldn't really be that opposed to sharing a bed with the two of you again." I murmured, glancing up at him for a moment before I felt my cheeks flush a brilliant shade of red at the admission. I didn't want to lead him on but that statement really could have a totally different meaning if we were at a different stage of relationship. I fixed my gaze on the knot of his tie again.

His body had tensed up slightly with my words before he chuckled softly. "Oh, Miss Sorenson..." he murmured, brushing his lips against my forehead. He tilted my face up towards his, two fingers under my chin to get me to look at him.

"Sorry, Mr. Blackbourne." I murmured, eyes locked on his.

He arched an eyebrow at me. "Perhaps someday that statement will have a totally different meaning." He said seriously. I blinked slightly, hardly daring to breathe as I studied him. "But for now, I do understand what you mean and I would be happy to be around Tuesday night if you want me to be here."

I smiled shyly at him, feeling an overload of feelings that I couldn't quite make sense of right now. "I'd like that." I said.

"Then it will be done." He stated, bending his head and stealing a final kiss from me before he let go of me before the boys could make a fuss that I hadn't kissed them yet.